Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for one but can't find it, any help would be much appreciated. (Price, location, is it worth the money?)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't believe they make one for the 4.0 I6 ZJ, last time I looked anyway.
Street Performance makes an Air Max for the 4.0 ZJ Grands though, same thing as the AirRaide kit. Big cone K&N, spiral bore replacement tube to the throttle body. I'm looking into one for mine right now, I'm hoping it's a cold air intake as well.
There's a throttle body spacer discussion going on right now about how spiral bore TB spacers make little to no difference but I'd like to see if a spiral bore intake would. It may just be wishful thinking but I like to squeeze every little horsepower out of an engine I can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Idiots

They just released it for the 4.0L not too long ago.

go to www.4filters.com . they have very fair pricing and cheap cheap shipping charges. its part 57-1520. They have a selection process on the main page.

·
Registered
102 Posts
AAHHHH, go ahead toss you cash away!!!!!! Make your own for under 50$$ That is just plain insane to pay over 150$$

·
Registered
252 Posts
http://jeepsunlimited.com/zj/kandnold/knold.htm

here ya go. i did it on mine. works like a charm. and was cheap. $55 for the K&N filter @ NAPA. i did go with a shorter filter, though. they call out a 12" long filter - i went 8" long. does the same thing.....

find a local electrical contractor and ask if the have any 3.50" dia steel conduit. i got mine from work. i think i may end up painting it or even wrap it in insulation..... you can fab up a box to go around it too. just start with cardboard and then find some ssheet metal (Home Depot or what ever, should have some). keep working at it. you'll get it....
________
RD350

·
Registered
259 Posts
K&N just released one, it's like $230. I don't see how this thing can be worth that much, I don't think the 4.0 sucks enough air to warrant it.

It's my opinion that performance mods for a 4.0 are a waste of money. No matter what you do to it, it's not going to keep up with even a stock 5.2 ZJ.

On mine, I just went with a K&N drop in and insulated the air box to try and help out with gas mileage a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts