Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased 04 grd Cherokee. On the hour drive home it starts to shake and drive very poorly. I pulled over and have to baby it home ...not being too aggressive on the throttle. ..Initial thoughts were fuel delivery. So I Change fuel filter ,clean lines. Also at that time I put new plugs in it and a new air and oilfilter .I assume the problem was fixed. I got about a week later on another hour long drive while decelerating down a pretty steep hill..it did the same thing where it almost felt like it immediately lost power I pulled over and had to switch drivers with my wife because she was driving (it's her Jeep) and once again had the baby it home... This point I noticed a couple of things ..one a pretty decent oil leak.. at first it was obscured because when I changed the oil ... I forgot to tighten down the oil filter when I started the car so I got oil everywhere .I hadntnoticed the oil leak after that.. but after looking around and inspecting the coil ..I realize that it was majorly cracked.. I read some of the symptoms of when that coil bar goes bad and starts arcing and it seemed to be the problems I was having.. I was assuming that once the engine warmed up to a certain temperature after an hour ..it would start arcing. so I replaced the coil and honestly the truck felt a lot better... I noticed a nice gain in acceleration.. once again I assumed the problem was fixed.. then two days ago on the same hour-long drive in the same exact spot and I mean exact to the t going down this big hill .....it conked out again.!... So at this point I have the car on stand and I've completely cleaned that side of the motor and I'm trying to really get all the oil underneath to figure out where the leak is coming from... But I need some help and suggestions and answers if that massive oil leak could be the culprit of something.. and is it just coincidence that While going down that big hill at the same exact time it decided to quit on me? In the picture you can see the sensor I assume is the engine speed sensor I'm not quite sure . but it's soaked in oil and I noticed that it was the metal was showing from the back of the wire going in the sensor ..you know has worn thin.I can tell the whoever at own the car before definitely had that wire harness off and it because I had to replace a couple grounds I forgot about that..and also I see a different injector was put on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts