Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a no crank,no start issue.It will start M-T,leave me stranded F-S.Its the third weekend of this.No engine light on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Starter and battery can both be intermittent.

My wife jumped in her QX one morning, went to Wal Mart. Left Wal Mart 20 minutes later and the car wouldn't start.

Figured it couldn't be a battery since it just started and drove there, right? Wrong. Battery load tested with a bad cell. That was good news because I was anticipating another $500 starter replacement.

New battery and it's been perfect for a year now.

Starter can do the same, and did it to us 2-3 years ago on the same car. Hence why my first thought was starter this last time. I was wrong.

But yeah, either of them could do that. Your one reference though to where it started and "ran weird" makes me think battery. This era Jeep does not function happily sometimes right after startup if the battery is low or bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your reply.its at the shop again n 🤞🏾he has good news by now.i shouldnt have to tell him what to look for but I'm tempted to.its running now,which makes it difficult to diagnose.i know it's either starter,solenoid,battety,ignition switch,or lock cylinder.i put it in drive to see if it will start and it didnt so I dont think its nss,.it has to be one of those things mentioned.looked at the starter relay,it looked fine,but truck was running at that time.as far as battery,the lights and stuff light up just fine.🤷🏾‍♀️

1 - 3 of 3 Posts