Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I recently picked up a 99 WJ. Little bit of rust but nothing major. I ran the codes using a universal scan tool because I have an Airbag light and a seat belt light on the cluster. It came back with a "P1200" code, "No Cluster Message Received." What was a little confusing to me (I am not a technician by any means) is that I thought the "p" stood for power train so how would that cause an airbag light? I did a search of the forum for these key words and did not seem to find anything about it. If I missed a thread somewhere I apologize in advance. I was just curious if anyone has run into this or if anyone might have a lead on where to start. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Airbag code p1200

A quick search of the net show the p1200 code is a sensor not connecting to the airbag system. This is a fault in the left front impact sensor or the squip circuit which fires the airbag during a collision. If you did any work recently, you may have loosened a wire creating the error. You may be able to fix this yourself without having to put it in a shop. Love using the OBD2 with the internet, it's saved me a bunch of shop fees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well thank you Miles2Go. I will start digging around the front end and see if I can find some obvious issues with any of the wiring. I had tried searching the web for "WJ no cluster message received" and did not find much promising, other than replace the clock spring or the SDM, so I really appreciate you getting that info for me.

Quick update, I could not find the front crash sensors and it seems the 99 may not be equipped with them. I did however find an open wire so I will start really looking deeper into the wiring in that area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts