Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my 04 GC said he installed all new shocks. This photo is from one of the rear and I cannot find any info on it other than it might be a Gabriel. Look familiar to anyone? Would like to know what type it is. Also working on the annoying rear shocks clunking sound. The driver side rear was the worse and replacing the bolts helped a lot but didn't eliminate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very sure the shocks are GABRIEL 61676 ProGuard after looking at photos on Rockauto and saw the 751 number. Now, slight change to my thread. I have three other vehicles in my "used car lot". 2016 Ram 1500 4x4 3.6, 2006 Jeep TJ Sport 4.0, and 1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 5.2. I rotate driving them. I've about come to the conclusion the Dakota and GC have a similar ride, on the smooth side. But the GC does have a sort of odd to me "bouncy" feel to it even with the new shocks when on the highway at speed. Maybe normal since this is my first GC? And not uncomfortable by any means. And does not affect the control of the vehicle, tracks straight and true. Just wondering.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After checking every possible thing I could think of in regard to the rear shocks clunking sound, I believe it is now fixed. I replaced the rear shocks a couple of months ago. Not sure this is the solution for others but it was for my 04 WJ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts