Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my '98 ZJ all of the plastic bits in the sunroof track are..well shattered more or less. This means I can't get the sunroof to seal properly when closed, and obviously it won't open/close without a lot of guidance. So I'm looking at parts.com and I'm in the Sunroof section, I just need to know which part(s) I actually need.

Here's the parts diagram from parts.com:

Now, I don't have my Jeep with me so here's what I'll post. The plastic bits I need are barely visible in the following picture you see the sunroof glass, the adjustment bracket it mounts to, and then silver/black piece you see propping up the bracket on the left side of the image.. That silver/black bit is one of the many plastic bits that's broken in my ZJ.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I tried to fix mine with the needed parts. Once in all went to hell in a hand basket as although they were in properly, it wouldn't slide right. I ended up just getting another whole unit from the wreckers, dropped my headliner and it just bolted in. Slight adjustment of the glass position and all was good. Has worked great ever since, and no problems with leaking.

just something to think about.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried to fix mine with the needed parts. Once in all went to hell in a hand basket as although they were in properly, it wouldn't slide right. I ended up just getting another whole unit from the wreckers, dropped my headliner and it just bolted in. Slight adjustment of the glass position and all was good. Has worked great ever since, and no problems with leaking.

just something to think about.

Cheers!
How do you adjust the glass?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts