Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i assured myself i would go with a maximum of 3.5" of lift, its time to become greedy. I am now wanting to go with somewhere around 5 inches of total lift. Wat i need from everyone is a parts list, what i need besides the coils, spacers, and shocks. everyones 2 cents is needed and wanted
thanks all

James

·
Registered
116 Posts
You will probably need lower control arms, and upper if you really want to do it right and pay the bucks to do it. But the UCA arent a must. I think at 5 you are still OK with your drive shafts. I would look at RE and TF web sites to see what they add into their lifts and good off those.

·
Registered
47 Posts
5" of lift

I've heard of people that get by with stock Lower arms, but I have Skyjacker lower arms on my 5" lift

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm at 4.5" with all stock arms, rear TB bracket, and front RE HD TB. Didnt extend my front brakelines though... I just disconnected the mounts and pulled out the slack that was there.

Also, replaced the factory bushings and it rides alot nicer. It DW's a little on occasion just to keep me awake. I'm running 31's now, but to run 32's, looks like I need to trim a little in the usual places.

Overall, a nice lift for cheap $$$

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've decide to do go about 4.5" total lift, this should easily fit the 31s i want(actually i want 32's but a 35c plus 32's dont much go together) so yeah i am just going to get the slack on the brake lines and new trackbars, discos also, thanks for the help, maybe if someone sells LCA's for cheap i might get those to, but until that happens i need to save more money

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
really?!?! :thumbsup: well then 32's it is ;)

i had just heard that 35c parts dont last long with over 31 inch tires, and me bein a college student, that could leave me with no Jeep, and no jeep=no fun

·
Registered
251 Posts
greengrandy said:

i had just heard that 35c parts dont last long with over 31 inch tires, and me bein a college student, that could leave me with no Jeep, and no jeep=no fun
Hey, are you still having problems with that towhook bracket??

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
boonejeepin is sendin me a new one to fit the hooks, so when i get it up and runnin i will report back :spank:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sounds good. Let us know how it works out. I'll probably order one if yours turns out nice.

·
Registered
656 Posts
greengrandy said:

I think the TRUE reason is because people put lockers in 35c rears and THEN try and run 33" tires. If you run open, chances are you will never break an axle. I can't recall offhand anyone who has broken one open...not that it hasn't happened, but broken axles happen MUCH more with lockers. Limited slips probably to a much lesser degree than lockers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts