Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anybody wants to know how the flowmaster cat back system works on the GC with the 5.2, WOW, i just put mine on today and it made a hella big difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where did you get it, how much, is it 2.5 inch or more. Did you have it installed or diy. I wanna know My stock muff has some holes in it and I am anxious to upgrade.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it cost like $186 from summit racing
1-800-230-3030. i did it myself. it wasnt that hard to install. good luck.

it is 2.5 from the cat all the way back, and boy does it sound aggressive.

i am the president of BIG RUBBERS custom 4x4 club in Pa and N.C.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bigrubbers4x4 on 2002-03-08 00:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmmm! Thanks for the info. A couple of more for ya. Did you weld it or clamp it? any power increase?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the fact that they were smart enough to go 2.5"...that way there's no big loss of torque for the sake of a cool lookin tailpipe, lol...I'm not a big fan of the flowmaster sound...and for now the factory tailpipe, mandrel bends and all, works fine for me...I put a big bodied straight though/perf tube muffler in place of the original...I couldn't find the cat when putting it back together...so I had to dig up a straight section of pipe...oops...but it made a huge difference...and it's quiet until ya get into it...RedEye

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i clamped it then i got my dads mig and welded it. its sounds great and it had a major power increase. i noticed it right away.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey, what series flowmaster did you put on? I'd hope you went with the 40 series. A little tip if you want it a little louder (trust me, over time you will), drive the hell outta your Jeep and get the exhaust really hot. Then get up under there with a water hose and spray that flowmaster down good until it's cool to the touch. You'll hear the insides of it breaking. This is a good thing though. No rattles or anything. Changes tone to a little louder and it'll make that bad boy 'pop' a little more. Now if you want to go real LOUD, take the converter off. It works, trust me!!! ;-) No, the check engine light won't come on. All you have to do is fabricate a piece of pipe to replace the converter, drill a hole in it, put the rear oxygen sensor back in it and clamp it on w/ the original clamps that held the converter in place. Now you talkin' about loud?????? Oh man!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just put the 40 series on my ZJ. It sounds great! I would recommend it to anyone wanting to make their Grand sound bad, with a little side of performance gain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts