Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a 98 ZJ Laredo 4.0 while mechanically sound aesthetically could use some love
Mechanical things to fix:
Interior map lighting
The latch on the glass part of the rear hatch will not allow the glass to open
New tires
The speakers cut in and out and the buttons on the aftermarket radio don’t always respond as they should either a speaker issue or wiring issue hopefully adapters were used and the harness wasn’t hacked to pieces

Aesthetic to fix:
The front door panels need replaced they were replaced once and don’t match my ocd can’t handle that
Headliner need to be replaced
Cladding on the doors is gone thinking of replacing with truck bed liner
Needs a good cleaning inside and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well the cladding and the door liners can often be found at the wreckers (Pull and Pay) and the speakers can sometimes be found cheap on ebay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mind you, the lower half of the doors look good with a nice coat of stonechip replacing the cladding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Future mods: (no particular order)
Flow master 40
High flow cat
Cold air intake
Leveling kit
Front and rear bumpers
Death wobble kit
Rock sliders
Upgrade interior lighting
Under hood and lift gate lighting with lift gate audio
Custom decals

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First things first though steering wheel cover the steering wheel material is falling apart got that done now I need to back flush the heater core but I have no garden hose spicket

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE 3/4/19
I got my heater core back flushed today and also burped the coolant system everything seems to be working now which is great I had heat on my drive home from class tonight.
Also installed a new head unit in the Jeep which 1) gave me Bluetooth and hands free calling as required by law and 2) I was able to determine that my speaker issue is either the speakers or the wiring to them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts