Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hughes Engines scolded me a bit because I asked about using their top end upgrade kit for my 95 5.2L. They said it would be worthless because of the ODB-1 system and the Mopar Performance PCM I have won’t help, that much.

I don’t have to do emissions testing on my ZJ anymore because it’s now 25 years old. I have experience installing Holley Sniper EFI systems on small block Chevys. Is there any reason I couldn’t shitcan the factory PCM, use an Edelbrock 7577 and install a Sniper kit?

It’s already been done on a built 360: https://www.hotrod.com/articles/test-holleys-new-sniper-efi/

I don’t care about check engine lights but wasn’t sure if there were other issues I might encounter because the PCM isn’t connected to the engine, or just removed outright.

·
556 Posts
the PCM not only runs the engine, it controls the gearbox and alternator charging... trying to flash a new program or use a program booster module dose not work as when it is switched off it reverts back to factory specs and the next time it is switched on you would have to reprogram it due to the memory module used

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the PCM not only runs the engine, it controls the gearbox and alternator charging... trying to flash a new program or use a program booster module dose not work as when it is switched off it reverts back to factory specs and the next time it is switched on you would have to reprogram it due to the memory module used
I have a 46RH trans in my '95, so it seems this would work: PATC 727 to 518 / 46RH Conversion Kit. Click here for 727 to 46RH swap wiring diagram.

As for the alternator charging,

Where I am not feeling so good is the AC system now that you have brought these other things up.

·
556 Posts
there used to be a company that advertised that they could change the main chip in the PCM to a flashable type, but have not seen or heard any info for the past 2 years and dont know if it actually worked or not

1 - 4 of 4 Posts