Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently got a 2006 Hemi 4x4. The gas mileage SUCKS! I average 12 city and 16 highway. I know I can probably get some improvment by running Nitrogen in the tires, being easy with the gas pedal, setting cruise at 60mph on the highway, running high octain gas, injector cleaner, keeping up with maintenance, not hauling a bunch of junk around in the back and stuff like that.

But, I am looking for some upgrades ie: intake, chip, exaust, etc.... to improve fuel economy.

I am not as concerned about performance upgrades as the Hemi has plenty of power, but I am looking for anyway to improve MPG!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
763 Posts
your getting better milage then I get on my zj. If your wanting better then that you own the wrong vehicle they are not noted for gas milage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know

I know its a big engine, in a heavy, AWD/4WD vehicle that is not aerodynamic at all. I dont expect to get 30mpg out of it, but I am looking for any improvments that my get me to 15/20 instead of 12/16. If you don't have a suggestion along those lines, keep it to yourself :mad:

·
Registered
349 Posts
So let me see if I understand your position here...
There are NO, NONE, zip, zappada, examples of this vehicle getting close to 20MPG in the real world, yet somehow you'd like us to figure out how to violate the laws of physics to get you there? Your "mad" because the truth is that your gonna get 12-15 and we can't fix it for you? Your mad because you threw an impossibly ridiculous proposition on website and didn’t expect someone to say "um your realize it’s a jeep with a big honkin engine right?

When you post questions that defy common sense and the laws of physics, expect a little questionable feedback as to your motivation.

I'd like to fly but can only manage a few seconds in the air, can anyone help me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts