Up to 31' tires
Limited experience

Intermediate
3-5" lift
31-33" tires
More offroad experience

Advanced
No fear of Body Damage

All trails require some form of front and rear tow points and a full size spare.

This guidance is not concrete,,,driver skill or lack thereof,,,should be used in your selection.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bruce, we better go ahead and sign Charles up for stock. Last year he sure did get a lot of panel damage on the int. trails. :lol:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
As I recall, the only grand that made the intermediate trails with nothing touching or striping it was the one in front of me with the girlfriend driving and the guy spotting. Maybe she just got more "help" than the rest of us. OR maybe she just kicks a**.

Hunter :ZJ:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Texas ZJ1 said:
As I recall, the only grand that made the intermediate trails with nothing touching or striping it was the one in front of me with the girlfriend driving and the guy spotting. Maybe she just got more "help" than the rest of us. OR maybe she just kicks a**.

That wasn't my ZJ was it? My gf Jen ran twister herself, but it was rated stock. I figure I better let her have a turn, if she's gonna let me keep modding. :lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Kyle I can't help everyone, thats why I have you :lol:

And I think it was Eric in the black larado and Ken (wharfrat) in the black 5.9 that made it with no damage.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Beerman said:

And I think it was Eric in the black larado and Ken (wharfrat) in the black 5.9 that made it with no damage.
I had very very minor damage (plastic and paint only -- no dings even) and if I remember correctly it all happened on Wahoo.

I am pretty sure that John "BigDog" LaBadia and his GF Amy made it through pretty much unscathed as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wharfrat said:
I had very very minor damage (plastic and paint only -- no dings even) and if I remember correctly it all happened on Wahoo.

I am pretty sure that John "BigDog" LaBadia and his GF Amy made it through pretty much unscathed as well.
I agree with Ken. I think it is Amy you all are refering to. She must have taught John well, I did'nt notice any new damage to my heep after Wahoo. ;)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Okay,

I was like the forth ZJ in the line. I know that Wharfrat was right in front of me. It must have been the GF in the jeep in front of him. By the way, I wasn't really looking.....but my slave labor was completely in love or lust. They were only 14 yrs old.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Beerman said:

I made it through with no damage also. :pant:

·
Registered
21 Posts
BanditZJ said:
Wharfrat said:

I agree with Ken. I think it is Amy you all are refering to. She must have taught John well, I did'nt notice any new damage to my heep after Wahoo. ;)
If you didnt notice any damage, you better take a closer look at that rear drivers side door ;). I had to put some baby oil on it to get it through the trees.

Advanced this year? Amy keeps making fun of me for running easy trails...

·
Registered
52 Posts
BigDog said:
If you didnt notice any damage, you better take a closer look at that rear drivers side door ;). I had to put some baby oil on it to get it through the trees.

Advanced this year? Amy keeps making fun of me for running easy trails...
Maybe Amy has'nt schooled you as well as I thought she had. :lol: To this day I have never noticed any damage on that door besides where I've rubbed the handle up against a few trees. Maybe one day I'll look a little closer... but I doubt it, I have so many scratches and dings they dont mean much anymore.

As for advanced, I'll probably stay away from that ride until I am locked in at least one end. With all of the big grands sporting 35's,6's,7's and 8's who knows where they'll end up! If we can tame down the size of the intermediate group this year it should be a blast! :cheers:

·
Registered
21 Posts
BanditZJ said:
If we can tame down the size of the intermediate group this year it should be a blast! :cheers:
Your truck was point and shoot my man. I didnt even rub a mirror. And if I did, you cant prove a thing... :cool:

It would be nice if we could get an Intermediate/Hard or something like that. You're right about all these dudes with big trucks, but from what I saw last year, there are a lot of trucks that are more capable than drivers.

I guess almost everyone has a long drive home though, I can understand dropping down a notch. I wouldnt want to be the guy holding up the advanced run either.

It is great watching Beerman bang his junk off trees.

-jpl

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I've got a great stuck picture of beerman.

Pm me with email for it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bruce, I am going to try and make it again this year. I think a friend of mine wants to go with his ZJ I talked him into buying. I will probably run stock Friday, see if I can ride with Charles Saturday(I rode with Mark last year) and intermediate Sunday (if they have room). I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on my WJ for this year. After working in a garage, you don't even want to touch your own ride. I will have sliders and diff. protection this year (possibly some N02 for the mud holes on Saturday). If you need any help with clearing of that trail let me know, if I'm off I will come on down and help (540-337-1899 Home 540-910-0259 Cell).

·
Registered
305 Posts
No doubt!!!

Shay

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey, Shay. I thought you was wanting to get together after GSE 2002 to hit this little trail up here. I did find a couple more places to go also. One place is in Harrisonburg, one is suppose to be an old Jeep trail behind Wintergreen and the other I think is off a road in Elton called Horseshoe Creek. I'll try to get a holt of you this year with direction up here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bruce, is it going to be the same as prior years, the hardest runs of each class on Friday, and drop down a notch on Saturday. I want to run advanced one day but dont want to hold up big boy Shay with his 35s and all ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts