Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this will start some life. Anyone out there tried the TreadWright Guard Dogs? I had a set on a XJ Cherokee and they were really a kick butt tire! anyone out there have any experience with them,either they are a really good tire at a reasonable price or I got lucky,thinking about getting a set for my Grand.

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
I know a local jeeper that has 32's on his WJ and really likes them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wardens huh? They're the store brand BFG A/Ts aren't they? Tow rig-so apparently they can stand up to use on a heavy vehicle AND do it while carrying a heavy load. That says a lot about them.This will probably get their company more business or catch the attention of people with horror stories telling us that we are idiots. I do know that my Dogs did great in the snow and sand & rocks in my little part of the world on the old XJ but only had it for a year and a half so was wondering if anyone had longer term experience with them? If so-speak up,don't be shy!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wow, went and checked them out on their website, seems too good to be true. 130 bucks for a 33" tire?? If I can hear some more info I think I would buy them too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, went and checked them out on their website, seems too good to be true. 130 bucks for a 33" tire?? If I can hear some more info I think I would buy them too.
I just went to their website and it says 33x12.5-15s are discontinued. Maybe I went to a different site?
Treadwright Tires - 33"
I'd be interested in trying these on my trail rig but not much of a fan for using retreads on a long distance DD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked it out and sadly yes they are discontinued in that size due to so many 16,17,18, and so forth wheel sizes out there. They are still planning on making the smaller size 15s because there is still a lot of demand for them. Sorry about the 33s, it stinks that so much old school stuff is getting fazed out in our world,it's not that they were(or are)inferior at all! B.T.W. I didn't go cross country on mine but I did make some trips on highways & freeways at posted speeds that were a few hundred miles AND in the hot AZ summers and had no issues. I am running some NEXEN Roadian A/T 2 right now and so far so good,really impressed with their on road manners and the mild off-roading I've done so far but I have a second set of wheels that I will probably put some Dogs on. There are some excellent reviews on the Treadwrights on CherokeeTalk and JP magazine seems to like them too.As to the NEXENS, so far pretty impressive for a ''entry level'' tire. That's what the tire store that sold them to me called them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yea, I have been reading reviews and watching videos like mad for the last week and it would seem these things are indeed a good deal. I have yet to find a lousy review and everyone seems to love the tires. Many testimonials out there from peps who have used them for years. Either the brand rocks, or their internet cyber-warfare is amazing.

The ONLY bad thing I have found so far is the fact that there supply chain is dependent on good donors (they call them carcasses) and many sizes are on a wait list. Beyond that, I think I am ordering a set soon. My desired size is out about 5 weeks I think, from time of order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For all the guys and gals running stock XJ's/ZJ's etc. 215/225/235 range, you could do a lot worse than invest in a set of General Grabber AT's. This is the new replacement for the very excellent AT2's now. Just put a set on my ZJ recently and hugely impressed especially in the mud and rain we seem to get over here so often. Not that cheap over, but sure give me peace of mind. Cant wait for the snow !!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i run the guard dogs on my 94 grand cherokee and my 99 f350 diesel. My f350 is a tow rig. I have put 25k miles over the last 2 years on the set of 315/75r16 that it runs. And still are over half life left. And i just rotated them for the first time last month. I pull a 38 foot enclosed gooseneck trailer with a gross combined weight over 20k pounds all the time. I also put a set of 285/75r16 on my grand cherokee back in Jan of this year. I love them. I balanced the ones on my jeep with 8.5 oz of air soft bb's per tire. Love it. I now have 1200 miles on my jeep and 60% is trail driving aired down to 15 psi. Have several snow trips running 5 psi. I am incredible happy with them. I also payed the extra for the kedge grip in both sets. Work amazing in teh snow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
WTF? is this a retarded joke?

A guard dog, an attack dog or watch dog is a dog used to guard against, and watch for, unwanted or unexpected people or animals. The dog is discriminating so that it does not annoy or attack familiar peopleguard dogs and watchdogs bark loudly to alert their owners of an intruder's presence and to scare away the intruder. The watch dog's function ends here; a guard dog is capable of attacking, or restraining the intruder. livestock guardian dogs are often large enough,
----------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts