Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what trails we will be doing in June? I have to highly recommend Hell's Revenge. I know it may seem overdone, but it is a super fun trail with great scenery and is as hard as you dare to make it. My .02 cents.

·
Registered
421 Posts
On 2002-02-15 14:29, Beestieboy wrote:
Does anyone know what trails we will be doing in June? I have to highly recommend Hell's Revenge. I know it may seem overdone, but it is a super fun trail with great scenery and is as hard as you dare to make it. My .02 cents.
Not yet finalized. A few planners are getting ready to do a prerun but the trails I have heard tossed around are Gold Bar Rim, Poison Spider Mesa, Steel Bender, Metal Masher, Moab Rim, Fins N' Things.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I don't think Hells Revenge will happen. 1) Very few people (none of the planners) can actually find their way unguided through the actual trail. 2) In one of the first GSW's they had a rollover back in there so a few are a little sketchy.

The past two years, I've led people back in through the tip-toe to play around. This year if we go back in there, I may get the stupid idea of trying escalator.

Cody

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, I would pay great money to see you do the escalator. Not that I don't think you can do it, but that hole up halfway would be hard to avoid with the narrow track that grands have. If you fall into that hole, kiss your butt goodbye. As for people getting lost on that trail, I'd be more than happy to lead it. It's really not too bad as long as the leader has a clue. As for the roll-over, where was that? Was it just an underprepared vehicle or playing a little crazy? I've taken a stock pathfinder all through there and had a friend take a stock grand. Besides scaping our rears a little on the rocks, we did great. It's only as hard as you dare make it. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
The rollover was on Razorback and it was due to a participant listening to loud music and not listening to the CB where we were all instructed to stay within the lines. He didn't stay within the lines and paid the price. Because we can't verify the intelligence and common sense aptitude of every particpant, Hell's Revenge is not high on our list of candidate trails.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be much more frightened of a trail like Moab Rim when not paying attention. I still have to say Hell's Revenge is one of the coolest trails ever. I wanna try the bellybutton again. Those hot tubs rule!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts