Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
[smilie=bal_cool.gif]
Count me in. Starting to plan my vacations for 2006.

Does everyone camp? and is there a group site?

Now I just have to make sure everything on my jeep is ready.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Cam it's Travis. I don't know when the last time you talked to Tim or Pearce was but we are thinking about a trip to Tellico in March, maybe April. I have also mentioned to them about coming up to Harlan KY to ride. Anyway since last time we wheeled at Tellico at GSSE I have moved to Winston Salem NC and I have gotten married. But anyhow thank God i has not affected my wheeling.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jeepman said:
Hey Cam it's Travis. I don't know when the last time you talked to Tim or Pearce was but we are thinking about a trip to Tellico in March, maybe April. I have also mentioned to them about coming up to Harlan KY to ride. Anyway since last time we wheeled at Tellico at GSSE I have moved to Winston Salem NC and I have gotten married. But anyhow thank God i has not affected my wheeling.
Hey Travis, congratulations on the marriage. I've talked to Tim and Pearce last week and we're planning on heading to Tellico the weekend of March 17-18. If you can make it, I think it'll be a fun time. Trey said he's game also. I'd love to ride at Harlan sometime in the spring too. Let me know how that sounds..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cam ,count me in. I just need to know as soon as possible so I can get the time off work. Is Tim no longer doing GSSE's?

Travis, It's good to see you're still out there...and in NC no less. We should try to get some local wheelin done sometime.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everybody camps at Crawfords Camp. The link to their website was posted earlier in this same thread. Trail rides meet there at 9AM if you're not camping, and from there we hit the trails..

I consider 31s, sliders, transfer case skid, gas tank skid, and front and rear tow points to be minimum requirements for Tellico.

·
Registered
499 Posts
either i'm buying a new air mattress this year or I'm going to stay in a hotel....f**k this camping on the ground s**t. Last time i woke up every night with no air in my mattress! arrrrgggg!!!!!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nah, you gotta be at crawfords for the evening fun! If you down enough cold ones, you can't feel the hard ground anyways, haha.. But for the record, they've got small bunk cabins with A/C that run $15 a person if you're a fan of soft bedding.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey just thought you guys might want to know that I found out that Crawford sold out. He let it go to a guy from Fla. I talked to smokey Mtn. Offroad at the Urocc competion this weekend and they are from Murphy. Thats who told me. Hey said that the guy is pretty cool though;ie. HE LETS YA PLAY ON THE ROCK GARDEN AFTER DARK. I also don't know anything about the prices as far as changing but I will keep ya posted.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey travis,

Yeah the old man finally gave up running it.. We've stayed there a couple times while the new guy has been there and he's been very friendly. Prices are the same I think, or at least what I remember them being, and theyre all posted on the camp website..

·
Registered
122 Posts
hey guys im glad that a trail run is in the works. I have to get a few things done, like skids for tranny and T-case, and rock sliders. I have had my Clayton Long Arm kit with Tera 4in springs and 2in pucks on for about a month but i have not really got to wheel it at all. As long as the date doesnt change im in.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My full hydro steering kit will be here Wednesday. So all I have to do is install the steering kit, mount my rear shocks, and sit on my A$$ and wait! Last year I missed GSSE because I had no way of getting my grand there. It sucked! I will be there this year. Can everyone help me harass Swampy into bringing his rig? He lives near me and it only makes sense that we go together.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts