Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
ATL ZJ said:
RAZZ said:
Hello everybody. I was wondering if I could get some more information on the GSSE. I will be camping the weekend of the event up in Vogel State Park in north Georgia, and would love to come up and participate, if only for one of the days. How much does the event cost, how do I sign up, and is there a place for stock GCs like mine? Thanks in advance for the information, really enjoy your forum...
Of course, everyone with a Grand Cherokee who likes to wheel is welcome. In past years camping has been at Crawfords, which is a campground not too far from the actual trail system. Camping at Crawfords runs in the area of $8/ person per night if I recall correctly.

If you have done a little wheeling and have at least some skids and All Terrains, or better yet, some variation of a Mud Terrain tire, you should be alright to run the easier trails. I highly recommend at minimum, 31s, enough lift to accomodate them, skids, and rock rails. If you're not setup that way yet, I'm sure you could ride along with someone.

Information about signups and any small fees will be posted sometime in the coming month probably. The cost to wheel at Tellico is $5/day spring-fall, and $10/day in the winter. Hope to see ya there.

Cam
So what is the date..? 1st weekend in August is the TTCC in Attica and 1 in our club made the cut so I will be there that weekend.. Let me know if you decide on the 2nd weekend, and I'll be there...

Ted

·
Registered
803 Posts
Peak ZJ said:
ATL ZJ said:
RAZZ said:
Hello everybody. I was wondering if I could get some more information on the GSSE. I will be camping the weekend of the event up in Vogel State Park in north Georgia, and would love to come up and participate, if only for one of the days. How much does the event cost, how do I sign up, and is there a place for stock GCs like mine? Thanks in advance for the information, really enjoy your forum...
Of course, everyone with a Grand Cherokee who likes to wheel is welcome. In past years camping has been at Crawfords, which is a campground not too far from the actual trail system. Camping at Crawfords runs in the area of $8/ person per night if I recall correctly.

If you have done a little wheeling and have at least some skids and All Terrains, or better yet, some variation of a Mud Terrain tire, you should be alright to run the easier trails. I highly recommend at minimum, 31s, enough lift to accomodate them, skids, and rock rails. If you're not setup that way yet, I'm sure you could ride along with someone.

Information about signups and any small fees will be posted sometime in the coming month probably. The cost to wheel at Tellico is $5/day spring-fall, and $10/day in the winter. Hope to see ya there.

Cam
So what is the date..? 1st weekend in August is the TTCC in Attica and 1 in our club made the cut so I will be there that weekend.. Let me know if you decide on the 2nd weekend, and I'll be there...

Ted
Yeah it's set as the first weekend for this year, that sucks that you won't be able to make it.. Glad you get to be in TTC Club deal though, hope y'all win it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
peramus said:
By the way anyone know of a good mechanic in the Fayetteville, NC area?
DUDE!! My neighbor is a mechanic in Fayettenam. We just got my engine up and running around the beginning of this year. Had no idea there were any other GC's in my area. PM me and maybe we can meet up and straighten tha t thing out.

Woah I didn't notice that you posted in FEB, lol. Hope it's fixed by now.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hopefully I'll be able to get the time off to attend this time. I attended GSE this year and last. Like someone posted earlier...I've got a buddy with a TJ that would probably like to tag along if no one has a major issue with it. He ran with us at GSE b/c our attendance was so far down and no one was opposed to it. If we get enough odd ball rigs together maybe we can run our own way if we can get a trail guide. I'd rather stay with the group though if at all possible.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Is everybody planning on camping trailside this year, or are we going to crawfords? Not sure if we will make it or not at this point but we are trying...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey yall its will with the samurai. me and the zuk will be there. Its a little different than the last time yall saw it tho. Now its sittin on 35"tsls. Yotas, axles5.29s, full spool rear lokrite front. Rear disks. Uses every last bit of the 14" bilstein it flexes so good. Anyrate, jus thought i would say hi and that i cant wait till august.

·
Registered
604 Posts
zukinut said:
Hey yall its will with the samurai. me and the zuk will be there. Its a little different than the last time yall saw it tho. Now its sittin on 35"tsls. Yotas, axles5.29s, full spool rear lokrite front. Rear disks. Uses every last bit of the 14" bilstein it flexes so good. Anyrate, jus thought i would say hi and that i cant wait till august.
Oh man there goes the neighborhood! :mrgreen:

It would seem there is going to be a pretty good turn out. Which is GREAT and it looks like there will be plenty of GC's to wheel together on their own.
So, in the morning how about all us other guys head out in a different direction. While not a GC owner anymore I am still a fan of the spirit of the event. And looks to be plenty of us without GC's to have fun together as well.
Of course if the numbers are low then we might as well go out together. As some of you know getting to big of a group can take its toll.

·
Registered
19 Posts
With the width of the yotas its really hard to flip. I had all but the pass front in the air last night in a field doin doughnuts. It was up so high i could actuallly see the ground under the right front tire and it still didnt go over. Wait till yall see the cage, i dont worry about rolling anymore, not like i did before though.

Pearce, that sounds good about runnin different trails. I want to hang out with you and tim and the others at the campground but i do understand the whole gc thing. I know for a fact that a jeep product would be given hell if it was part of an all zuk run.Im almost positive our friend with the xj is comin down too.

I want to do schoolbus this year, and id like to get revenge on slickrock. Other than that im game for any and all trails. Im more than capable of doing anything thats down there now.

PM me about what you want to do

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ill try to bring it. Had a hell of a time tryin to get it ready last time. The damn thing is so built that i cant remember the combination to get it started. Prolly gonna junk that motor and jus run a stocker. But then i run into problems with pulleys and belts. It was alot more fun when i was 10 than now when im 24 and have other projects. Im gonna do my damndest. I might jus bring it even if its not drivin.

Not sure about the cdb thing tho.

·
Registered
499 Posts
JeepinHank said:
JOE said:
2) if CDB goes
I heard a rumor that may just happen. ;)

Still workin on them, but CDB's man was all about getting up there with his XJ. We talking about the same CDB?
The one and only CDB. I hope she is there

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
is there going to be plenty of mud? my wife is coming and she wants to make sure there is going to be mud for her to play in.

·
Registered
187 Posts
mud is hit or miss at Tellico- depends on the weather, and we have had a lot of rain in the area lately. None of that LA swamp mud, you'll find rock quickly under the mud at Tellico.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts