Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will GSSE be held in August again this year??? My work has change our vacation policy and all request must be turned in by January 31st. I don't expect you guys to have the exact dates, but the month would to great.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am offshore anywhere from 15 to 25 days a month, so getting a week off is almost impossable. I told work I will quit if that is what it will take to get this weekend off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have not talked it over with Tim or Pearce yet but there is an almost 100 percent chance that it will be the first or second weekend in august. I will call them tomm. and find out somthing more defenate. We are going to Tellico 29 and 30 of this month so if I cant get ahold of them before that I will bring it up then.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I am sure something will happen in August. It will be a Fri, Sat, Sun thing and typically during the first half of the month. It doesn't matter to me when, but I no longer am a GC owner so.....
Have Fun! :spam:

Maybe I will be around the same weekend with some of my other wheeling buddies. ;) Catch up with you guys at camp.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Pearce said:
It doesn't matter to me when, but I no longer am a GC owner so.....
Have Fun! :spam:
OK, that's just weird to think about. But I guess it's true. Hopefully you can still be around somehow that weekend, even if official GS rules state you can't wheel with the station wagons :roll: :lol: .

On another note, Where are yall camping on the weekend of the 29th? I had a Yota buddy go up for this past weekend and he said it was COLD. I might want to get in on it if my schedule allows.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
If I'm not on co-op I'll ride along and be someone's winch bitch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Where is GSSE? I am moving to Pensacola, FL from Colorado next month and I am wondering where everyone wheels in that area. I would like some info on what to expect so I can possibly attend this year.

G

·
0 Posts
As long as it is early August, I see no reason I can't make it. And as long as the rig survives GSW / GSMW and others, I'll sure as heck be there! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
803 Posts
diverkr said:
Where is GSSE? I am moving to Pensacola, FL from Colorado next month and I am wondering where everyone wheels in that area. I would like some info on what to expect so I can possibly attend this year.
It's at Tellico. It's a great trail system in the Southeastern Smoky Mountains.

There is some decent info here:
http://www.tellico4x4.com/murphy/index.htm
And here's Crawford's site:
www.crawfordsattellico.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmmm... August you say...

Hopefully I'll have my waggy running by then (last year iraq this year undiagnosable engine problems!)

By the way anyone know of a good mechanic in the Fayetteville, NC area?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Will probably be there this year, kind of shying away from the harder stuff till i get my suspension figured out. It sways way too much, spits out springs at the slightest obstacle, and likes to lay on its side. This has to get me to work as the first priority.

On another note I'm picking up a couple of new ATVs this week and will be at tellico April 1st and 2nd. Maybe now I'll actually be able to get to the tough stuff. Dont have to drive the ATV to work, and even if I total it I'm only out the cost of a suspension system on my jeep. I heard that some of the trails are now off limits to ATVs, like lower 2. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
firemedic10c said:
Will probably be there this year, kind of shying away from the harder stuff till i get my suspension figured out. It sways way too much, spits out springs at the slightest obstacle, and likes to lay on its side. This has to get me to work as the first priority.

On another note I'm picking up a couple of new ATVs this week and will be at tellico April 1st and 2nd. Maybe now I'll actually be able to get to the tough stuff. Dont have to drive the ATV to work, and even if I total it I'm only out the cost of a suspension system on my jeep. I heard that some of the trails are now off limits to ATVs, like lower 2. Can anyone confirm this?
Maybe if you ditched those tall ass springs it wouldn't be so tippy. Do you have any pics of it on its side?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm with Risko, why in hell would you need 10" of lift to clear 35s? I'm running 35s with barely 6" of lift. Lots of people do it with less. I haven't even needed to trim my fenders really. What's the good of trying to protect a little sheetmetal when you're gonna tear it up even more by laying your junk on its side? :?

But hopefully you can get it sorted out and come to GSSE. I know I'm LONG overdue for a showing. :oops:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts