Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any updates or info for those of us who want to go? Details are much welcomed as a few members here are trying to get a GSNE going around the date of the GSE event, just need details! I hope to see some of you there this year, ive missed the past few for various reasons, mostly I like to start projects in spring and not finish them until winter haha. Thanks!

RockZJ

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm not involved in planning GSE, but it has been (and always has from my understanding) part of "Spring Fling" at Big Dogs in Gore, VA -- which is June 5-7, 2009. I haven't heard any talk of changing that tradition, either, so I would assume that it's still the case.
www.bigdogsoffroad.com

It's a great event with a wide range of trails to give everyone a challenge -- and I mean everyone.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
It's been in June every year but one that I know of. 2 years ago I think it was, there was a vote for it to be held in April (ice breakers) since some were going out to Moab and other events during June. Attendance was worse so it went back to June. Which I think...and hope will stay. But I'll be there in April anyway so I guess it doesn't make much difference! :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
For the Big Dogs schedule, I'm planning the Main Jambo again. Spring Fling/GSE is likely going to be the spring event, but I might do Icebreakers instead since the weather is a bit nicer to wheel/camp (although that lake is awesome after a day of wheeling in the heat).

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's been in June every year but one that I know of. 2 years ago I think it was, there was a vote for it to be held in April (ice breakers) since some were going out to Moab and other events during June. Attendance was worse so it went back to June. Which I think...and hope will stay. But I'll be there in April anyway so I guess it doesn't make much difference! :)
Matt, you going to both? Im sure Maxx and Fuzz will be going, I would be surprised if they didnt. Im gonna try and make it for sure, but I would love to have my beadlocks before then. Who knows, maybe a rich relative I didnt know existed will kick the bucket and leave it all to me. A man can dream cant he?

Cool guys, I hope to see you there!

RockZJ

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
88 Posts
It has been awhile since I have checked in here. The Grand needs some work to get her back on the road, but hopefully I can get it done before GSE this year.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes it will be in conjunction with the June Big dog event.

I will be there the whole weekend :) hopefully with a "new" truck, if i can just find one, else will be there anyway with the current one.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Hmm, I should have the 5.9 wheelable by June. Another road trip to Va? Maybe!

·
Registered
660 Posts
As I said on MC, if I don't run out of dana 30 shafts by then, I'm in.

The local raceway (like 10 mins from where I live) got a nice check from Aussie Locker to build a big rock garden to host crawling competitions. The first crawling event is a "test n tune" the weekend before GSE, so I'll try to take it easy...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
As I said on MC, if I don't run out of dana 30 shafts by then, I'm in.

The local raceway (like 10 mins from where I live) got a nice check from Aussie Locker to build a big rock garden to host crawling competitions. The first crawling event is a "test n tune" the weekend before GSE, so I'll try to take it easy...
That's pretty cool! Wish we got that down here. I've got a NHRA track w/ a huge mud bog track next to it about 10 mins from me. They host dirt bike races and everything now. The only thing they don't have is a rock garden.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im trying to comb through this thread quickly so i apologize if its under my nose and i dont see it.

whats the date and location for GSE?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Im trying to comb through this thread quickly so i apologize if its under my nose and i dont see it.

whats the date and location for GSE?
It will be held at bigdogs offroad which is located in Gore, VA...just outside of Winchester. It will be June 5-7th.

It's held in conjunction w/ the spring fling event. More details here...

http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
is there any way we can get the front desk to let the grands camp together?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts