Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cool keep em coming. Sorry I did not make it again this year. Envious for sure.Try to get me some pics of everyone and camp also.

Shay

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've uploaded my day-2 pics. Sorry Shay, I didn't get any pics of camp... hopefully someone else did. We were actually in camp III this year (I think) as opposed to the usual camp IV.

Thanks to Bruce for another stellar ride!!!!! [smilie=bal_cool.gif] The variety and quality of the stock trails this year was second to none in my experience! I think the bulk of my pics are from Pinnacle, Canyon, Loop 10 and Nasty. The stock group also hit U-turn and several others.

Hopefully everyone makes it back home safely and we can see some more pics soon because I know there was a LOT of action that I missed out on.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Great pics maybe preppi will post some later.

Great to see everyone I had a great time.I have to thank the guys that helped me fix my rig.(Matt,Ron and Tom)

Oh and Preppi thanks for the hard time you gave me all weekend. :laughing3:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I had a great time! Even if I did show up with out my rig. Key thing was...I showed up! I will have it completed soon and will have it there in June. I guess we'll find out in the next few months if GSE will be in June or Sept. next year.
I will try to get some pics up soon. I have to figure out how to do it first...and get my DSL connection since I'm still on dial-up :roll:
Bruce, Charles...thanks for getting it all together and for letting me ride along since I was there in my R32. I know a few others got pics...hopefully they will have theirs up soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
was a great time....thanks for all the help ,first timer and all.
list for next year is getting longer all the time,
no camera in a box..............not very good pics
tires....................................for those hard to reach places
swaybar discos......................really do make the difference
air gauge..............................lift jeep, tires down? ok
thats just the short list we wont get into the tent thing......
just one more thing to say again...........thank you all

·
Registered
348 Posts
GSE 2006 Pics

Really enjoyed myself this weekend!! Thanks to all that were there! Sure hope to see a good turn out next year for the 10th anniversary!

Bruce and Charles thanks for all your efforts. You guys did a great job with trail selections, I'm sure everone in the stock group would agree.

Here is a link to some pictures I had on my camera:
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/DRBemis/Grand Slam East - 2006
I will post more as I get time. [smilie=1zj2 (1).gif]

·
Registered
185 Posts
What a great weekend! I really appreciate everyone's help and hospitality for my first visit to GSE this year. I absolutely can't wait for next year. Maybe i'll grow a set and try out the intermediate trails! ha I do apologize if I offended anyone by brian and I being drunk guys most of the weekend. It was a blast!
None-the-less, I have a ton of pics between brian and I that I am working on uploading. Brian shot a lot of video of everyone's vehicles that I was debating putting on DVD's and mailing them to you all if you are interested. Let me know if there is interest in this and PM me your address.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is true!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Preppi12 said:
I don't think you two were the only "drunk guys" at the camp ground this weekend. :lol: It was all good times!

I wasn't :eek:ccasion5: [smilie=1beer.gif] [smilie=1beer2.gif]

·
Registered
88 Posts
I finally had a bit of time to sit down and clean up the pictures I have from GSE 2006. Not as many as last year, but better than nothing.

I put the owner's name where possible, but I just could not remember all of them. Please don't take it personal like.

Anyway, where is the link to me Photobucket site.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/Skyclad696/

GSE 2006 was certainly a good time. I don't know that I would have gone with Charles on the intermediate run had I known we were going to be doing Cobra, but I am glad that I did. Made it without breaking anything over than overheating the motor mounts again. I have got to work on getting the cooling system working better, and maybe adding some vents to get the temperature down under the hood.

Again, both Bruce and Charles did a wonderful job as trail guides. Thanks a bunch to both of them. I raise a beer (or three) to them both.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone for the tenth GSE in 2007!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey Bro, Looks like you had a great time. It never fails to amaze me what a WJ with just a BB can get you through. Too bad my Heep needed so much work (as usual). We'll shoot for next year, maybe GSSE and/or GSE? But I've got the next 3 weeks off, so I should have some time to work on the ZJ and get it running again. Now, if I could only stop spending money on the darn Rubi, lol. I'm thinking about heading up that direction during my time off. Maybe we can get a small group together and hit a few trails while I'm there?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Wow, some old names in this thread. Remember the Rich Mtn. run? I'd love to have made it but I had a buddy in town and I had another wheeling trip scheduled for this weekend. Looks like y'all had fun and I hope to make it next year or to see you at GSSE!

Cam

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys... absolutely I remember Rich Mtn!! [smilie=bowdown.gif] I think that's one thing I'll never forget! I left home at like 6 a.m. that day and didn't get back until nearly 2 a.m. the next day, but it was worth it. Almost four years later and I still haven't found a better avatar ;) .

Certainly wish you guys (and many more) could have made it.... seems like everyone agrees this year was an awesome year for GSE.

Josh, we're coming home this weekend for Sonja's birthday... but if I remember correctly, unfortunately you're working. Either way, the guys from work are still wanting to get a run together soon... so let me know when you're available and we'll try to put something together down around Harrisonburg... maybe the first full weekend in Oct?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey! you've got some great pics.

Somehow I always fail to get pics that capture the story of the weekend... but you did a good job. [smilie=bal_cool.gif]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well, it's taken forever but here are the pics from our cameras. Bryan's are the fuzzy ones. I saw the videos yesterday and they are pretty good as well. I have been working nonstop since I got back from that trip and apologize for the delay. Nevertheless, here they are. I am having problems with the videos playing on my pc. I will upload a couple of them to photobucket. You all let me know if you can see them and i'll upload more.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/vapilotda/

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've added some more pics in my photobucket account. See the first 11 pics in the album for the new ones.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts