Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is there an e-mail going out on sign up info? I live in Richmond, VA and would love to help if needed!

Daniel

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The event will be held in conjunction with Big Dogs Sept event in Gore VA, about 10 miles west of Winchester.

We will have trails for 3 levels, "stock", intermediate, and advanced. Actual trail selections will depend on the vehicles/drivers for each of the trails.

For trail descriptions and pictures of the trails go to

www.bigdogsoffroad.com

this will also be the site for sign-up, as soon as they change to registration form to this years form.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Would love to make it this year, but it's going to to be nearly $1k in diesel fuel for me to make the round trip from Phoenix (4400 miles r/t), and about a week in driving (solo), which doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. Does anyone know of an inexpensive auto transport company by chance so that I can fly in to the nearest airport? I've been quoted $1900 terminal to terminal (Phoenix, AZ to 50 miles from Winchester, VA) which sounds OK, but there has to be a less expensive alternative. Any of you guys have a family member who drives a flatbed truck OTR or works for a transport company? I'll trade in Jeep parts, lol. [smilie=bal_ask.gif]

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
516 Posts
KevinF said:
Would love to make it this year, but it's going to to be nearly $1k in diesel fuel for me to make the round trip from Phoenix (4400 miles r/t), and about a week in driving (solo), which doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. Does anyone know of an inexpensive auto transport company by chance so that I can fly in to the nearest airport? I've been quoted $1900 terminal to terminal (Phoenix, AZ to 50 miles from Winchester, VA) which sounds OK, but there has to be a less expensive alternative. Any of you guys have a family member who drives a flatbed truck OTR or works for a transport company? I'll trade in Jeep parts, lol. [smilie=bal_ask.gif]

Thanks,
Kevin
I'll get your jeep shipped out here and buy you a round trip ticket...

For some free longarms. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Puma297 said:
I'll get your jeep shipped out here and buy you a round trip ticket...

For some free longarms. :mrgreen:

Sounds like a plan to me

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whenever you can,,,I will start talking it up soon and getting the list together,,,unfortunately I have been on the road most of the last 2 months

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm going to try to make it back to GSE this year... and also try and talk my lazy brother into bringing his ZJ.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Silverback...it would be good to see you again. In fact it would be great to see a great turn out again this year. Even thought I wasn't around when attendence was really high like 5-6 years ago. I've seen it drop little by little in the few years I've been going. Hopefully talk isn't all we get this go around. It shouldn't be any issue with me getting there...I've already got the time off...just have to get my build done. Lets just say...my 7" springs came in yesterday and my new rear axle is in the garage. Still have to build the front. Lets just hope I don't get it there, have problems and let it sit like Beerman always does with his :lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I too hope the turnout is good this year,,,BTW I just turned down an expense paid trip to Tampa in order to make it this year.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
You guys had better take some pics.

no pics = no trail ride.

Hunter

·
Registered
185 Posts
This will be my first year going and I'm looking forward to it!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Some rocker protection would be a great idea.

Hunter

·
Registered
185 Posts
JKS sliders are in the mail!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts