Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I ought to post here. Let me know if you need any information.

·
Registered
643 Posts
First off, FIRST POST Woo Hoo!!!
Now that that's out of the way, /forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I have a few questions, maybe you can help me out a little here Bruce.

I'm new to the Grand Slams, so I'm not quite sure how everything works, but I'm interested in attending GSE this year.

First off, what does my $95 get me? I assume I need to still plan on meals and other incidentals. Secondly, what is the trail rating system like? I consider myself somewhat experienced, but don't know what kind of trails to sign up for (easy, intermediate, or difficult). I would love to see the difficult, but I'm leaning toward intermediate right now, My rig is listed in my sig. What do you think?

I'll leave it at that for now, but thanks for fielding questions!! I probably wouldn't have found anything else out without a fourm like this, so thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, I would recommend yuo do the intermediate trails first. You can always bump up to the Advanced trails on subsequent days.

Second your $95. As you can see on the application the money is being sent to Big Dogs Productions. They have expenses to put on such a large event in addition to the 30-40 Grands there will be another 120 vehicles at the event. There is a bonfire / party on Saturday Night that has a live band and raffle drawings for around $4000 in prizes. The trails are on private land so big Dogs has to maintain the trails. Big Dogs has liability insurance. I am sure there are other expenses that I can't think of, at 7 in the morning.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Bruce

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hank; Also figure another $25 or so for camping if that's what you're planing on doing. There are a couple motels around but they are 20-30 minutes away and you miss half the fun (like standing in line for the showers).

See you there!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thanks for the info so far guys. I know I have the time off to go, I just want a handle on the possible expenses associated with the event. I've printed off the application, and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys up there! It'll be nice to meet up with some more grand owners. I probably will be camping, especially if that is where it really starts getting fun, right? :D Thank Again!

Hank

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking about trying this for the first time this year also and would definitly camp there.
Eric

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also want to check it out this year. I've got everything for my WJ with the exception of a full size spare. Should have that soon though.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
7-9 june Winchester VA

Check out the page of information and application at the main nagca.com site

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bruce, I sent in the registration information and check to Big Dogs. Are they to provide a response or will they do so closer to the event date?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Bruce,
I'm not sure what's up, but I can't seem to save the GSE registration when I try to download it. would you mind emailing it to me? [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Hank

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you never been to GSE GO.It's alot of fun and you won't be dissapointed.

See you there,

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This discussion was made ln the JU board back in Dec. Here is a quote from a previous attendee.
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Spanky Malone:
$155? A JJUSA event is only $225 and it includes meals and such. Just curious where the money goes......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 persons at GSE (with campsite) is $155. 2 persons at JJUSA is $550.

Big Dogs is similar to JJUSA in that they are a for profit organization. Beyond that it is hard to compare them directly as they are quite different in what they offer:
Meals: JJUSA - yes, BDP - no
Paid trail guides: JJUSA - no, BDP - yes
Entertainment: JJUSA - no, BDP - yes
Lodging: JJUSA - no, BDP - yes(in the cpmarison above)
Prizes: JJUSA - few, BDP - lots
Mud hole romp: JJUSA - never, BDP - worth $85 alone

Keep in mind this facility is private property that is only open to wheeling twice a year. Big Dogs Productions secures the site, cuts the trails, and organizes the event. Well worth the money in my opinion.

end of quote

Just to let everyone know,,,the only things guides get paid is for their gas.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I can't wait.

Me neither. Just mailed registration stuff in today. See y'all there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bruce,
I have also sent you e-mail. I sent in my registration and check in December and still haven't heard anything from Big Dogs. I would also like a response to my e-mail to you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.