Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go through a ditch or something at a fairly sharp angle, I can't tell if it comes from the front end or rear end, but something grinds really bad. It's not really caused any problems that I have seen yet, but I would like to know if it's something that needs fixing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have CV joints on the front axles. It isn't a tire rubbing because I've stopped the car and got out and looked all around it and under it when it starts grinding so I know it's not tire rub. I can't find where it is binding with a driveshaft or anything, but it is worrying me. someone help

·
Registered
414 Posts
Are you sure that it's not the world famous ZJ brake howl when creeping into the steep ditch?

ZJ's make truely awesome brake noises when decending steep inclines, at a slow speed.

Just a thought.
M.

·
Registered
606 Posts
On 2002-02-23 15:57, mmyers wrote:
ZJ's make truely awesome brake noises when decending steep inclines, at a slow speed.
They sure do. I will second that one :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what you are saying is that it's nothing to worry about, that it's not a driveshaft binding up from the angle or anything and that I should have no worries with it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
If it is the brake noise, then no. If it IS something else, then yes, you do have a problem.

Is it loud brakes??

M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts