Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year's event will again be held in Sedona, AZ. Trails will be available for stock Grands up to lifted, locked, with no fear of body damage.

Dates: October 10-12, 2008
Requirements: Must be registered as a Grand Cherokee with your state DMV

You can sign up here, or on the other Grand-only site, but there will be no formal registration process. Show up, sign a waiver, and wheel!

There are lots of camping and hotel options available in the Sedona/Cottonwood area. Primary digs for the motel crowd will be the LaVista Motel. It is far from fancy, but it is convenient and cheap.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Go figure i'll be deployed by then

·
Registered
55 Posts
count me in. might get there late but i get there

·
Registered
273 Posts
Without Pictures it must not have happened? Anyone with Pictures to prove it ocurred?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Without Pictures it must not have happened? Anyone with Pictures to prove it ocurred?
Here is a link to some pics.

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69

When NAGCA started it was our main site to organize all of the Grand Slams. But after a few years (circa 2002, 2003) the site became unreliable and inaccessible for Grand Slam planners to depend on and work with so Dave started Mallcrawlin around 2004 so Grand Cherokee owners would have a maintained site that was geared to be a notch more advanced. Now that Cody has this site it again has credibility. As you can see, there was very little participation from NAGCA members in the Grand Slams over the last few years. Under NAGCA's new owners and leaders that will change. You being interested and planning to attend is a good example. Feel free to post up any questions that you have.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any tentative plans for a GSSW in 2009? We recently bought an 07 WK 4x4 Limited with CRD engine and it'd be good to meet-up with fellow Grand Cherokee owners on an organized excursion. Plus, it'd make for some fun editorial in a future issue of JPFreek Adventure Magazine. ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Here is a link to some pics.

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69

When NAGCA started it was our main site to organize all of the Grand Slams. But after a few years (circa 2002, 2003) the site became unreliable and inaccessible for Grand Slam planners to depend on and work with so Dave started Mallcrawlin around 2004 so Grand Cherokee owners would have a maintained site that was geared to be a notch more advanced. Now that Cody has this site it again has credibility. As you can see, there was very little participation from NAGCA members in the Grand Slams over the last few years. Under NAGCA's new owners and leaders that will change. You being interested and planning to attend is a good example. Feel free to post up any questions that you have.
WOW, it took me a long time to get back to this thread and I am sorry it did. Also thanks for some of the back ground around NAGCA and Mallcrawlin, I wondered about two forums with so many Grands and I enjoy being a member of both.

I only got interested in this and bought my first Grand Cherokee (WK) in August of 2008 and my Sept Trip through eastern Oregon and then November to Las Vegas hooked me so I bought a ZJ in December.

I love the Moad area and can hardly wait for June to get here and the more research I do on the area the more time I wish to spend there. I am now looking to see if I can spend the whole week following GSW 2009 there before returning home. I hope I can learn enough to also work with some of the other Grand Owners in the Pacific Northwest when I get back and see if we can put a Fall GSNW together as the trails here are a bit different then in UT & AZ or even CA from what I have seen so far.

Looking forward to meeting you, Dave and Cody in Moab, come June.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts