Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get banned or threatened or tons of hate mail spammed to me, here's an idea... Anyone ever tried putting leafs on a Grand?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I saw a picture of one on the JU board. It was lifted to an insane height. I always think about doing stuff like that however it just doesnt seem practical with leaf springs you would lose all the comforts of coils yet you wouldnt need all the PITA set up for coils. If you were gonna lift so high that you could only do it with leafs, why are doing it to a grand?

·
Registered
11 Posts
just my oppinion, but...
leaf springs on a grand cherokee... let me just say that I wheeled for years in a YJ(leaf springs) then went to a TJ(coil springs) unbelievable difference of road.... it feel like the difference between live axles and IFS... Leaf springs are very difficult to max lift height and good articulation... plus they hang down low and get caught up in things... one last thing... its one thing to have a beat up ford pickup and wheel the crud out of it by bombing through your obstacles, but we are talking about a grand cherokee, unless you don't care about body darnamge on your grand, we have to use finesse and planned premeditated four wheeling, good articultion and tire to ground contact is crucial, coil springs are great for that:)
*reduce traffic... go fourwheelin*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts