Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 grand limited 5.2 and I am having a couple problems with it that are confusing me.

1. I go start my zj in the morning to go to work it runs fantastic, I have a 20 minute drive to work she warms up before I get out of town. Then the problems start. I'll be driving and it'll cut out often(not misfire) then it stalls and I have to pull over wait a couple minutes and it starts right up no problem. This happens often but not every time I drive it. Wtf is going on with it. On to problem no. 2

2. If I drive for long periods of time(over an hour) the check engine light comes on and I get codes 51 & 52(to rich and to lean). I keep driving after the cel comes on and on light throttle it pulses. Also when I let off the throttle completely it jerks but only when the cel light is on.

If you guys have any suggestions on what it is or where to begin that would be amazing.

I already did plugs and wires cap and rotor

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Relax dude, give people a chance to get on here and read your thread, most of us are doing better things on a Friday evening. No need to bump a 2 hour old thread. Your issue is definitely sensor related, what are the codes telling you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bad I'm used to other forums where it doesn't matter what day or time it is people are always on there looking at ****

·
Registered
198 Posts
Have you ever replaced the O2 sensor? I believe your model uses a heating element which keeps it at the proper operating temp so it enters the closed loop operation sooner. In open loop operation, the PCM ignores O2 sensor input and runs on a preprogrammed value, like when starting up a cold engine. When warmed up, (closed loop) the PCM reads the O2 input along with other sensors and then adjusts the injector pulse width using those inputs. O2 sensors are important and often overlooked during regular maintenance. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts