Year: 1996
Make: Jeep
Model: Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Color: Champagne
Mileage: 104,000
Transmission: Automatic

Price: $3500

Description: Hello!

I'm selling my my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ) Limited.

First - the bad: Paint is chipping on the hood only, minor headliner sag - can glue it prior to selling if needed, scratches and fabric holes on the headliner in a spot or two, sometimes the power mirrors don't go to the proper location when unlocking the Jeep.

About the Jeep: It has a nice black leather interior, power front seats, power/heated mirors, only 104,000 miles, 4.0L Inline 6 cylinder engine, 4WD, just installed JKS swaybar disconnects last night, Hella fog/flood lights, good tread on all 4 tires, factory sunroof, factory Mopar fuel tank skid plate, factory Mopar front sway bar skid plate, rear roll up tonno cover. No dents. I also installed injectors out of a Dodge Neon - these are a better injector than come on the Jeep. My buddy has the originals if anyone wants to see them. I did this swap because I read on the forums that it's a good swap for slightly better MPG, throttle response, etc. They do provide a smoother idle, a bit better throttle response, and MPG has increased a little as well. The seats, mirrors, and radio station pre-sets are all built into the memory of the key fob. So every time you unlock it, everything goes back to the way it was "saved" when you program it. Pretty cool.

It's really my favorite Jeep so far out of the 7 Jeeps I have owned over the years. The only reason I am selling it is because I want a 1998 Grand Cherokee with the 5.9L V8. I'd like to sell it or find a 5.9L ZJ without transmission or engine issues for which to trade.

Headlights shown are NOT included. I'll install a set of stock headlights for whomever purchases the vehicle. I'll also change the oil prior to selling. If sold to someone in PA it will have a fresh inspection.

I am asking $3500 obo. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
How much of an improvement in mpg did the injectors make?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much of an improvement in mpg did the injectors make?
Just did 'em on the 28th:

Have not run through a full tank of gas as of yet. Idle is smoother, throttle response seems better too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Price drop to $4000. NADA is $4600!

·
Registered
466 Posts
We're Both Talking ZJ's

Hey PA Fire,
I'm the other guy chatting with Burnout about his 5.9 which is one of the sweeter GC's. But your 4.0 sounds interesting too. Gonna PM you with my contact stuff and please send my back yours so we can talk soon... Thanks.

Paul

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Paul,

I sent you an e-mail response. I do have a local guy who is interested and made an offer, but has not come to see it in person as of yet.

Thanks,
-Rick

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Hey PA Fire,
I'm the other guy chatting with Burnout about his 5.9 which is one of the sweeter GC's. But your 4.0 sounds interesting too. Gonna PM you with my contact stuff and please send my back yours so we can talk soon... Thanks.

Paul
Unless you have to tow more than a small boat or run 35 inch tires I would take the 4.0 over a 5.9 any day. I have both a 5.2 and a 4.0 and love that 4.0 much more.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Unless you have to tow more than a small boat or run 35 inch tires I would take the 4.0 over a 5.9 any day. I have both a 5.2 and a 4.0 and love that 4.0 much more.
I have 2 Trans Ams that need towing, plus I'd like to do some mods and race the 5.9L. I like the uniqueness of the 5.9L. I take the Trans Ams to car shows and have yet to see a ZJ in a show, let alone a 5.9L ZJ.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I have 2 Trans Ams that need towing, plus I'd like to do some mods and race the 5.9L. I like the uniqueness of the 5.9L. I take the Trans Ams to car shows and have yet to see a ZJ in a show, let alone a 5.9L ZJ.
I was quoting the guy debating between the two. And 5.9's are a daily sighting out here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was quoting the guy debating between the two. And 5.9's are a daily sighting out here.
Got it. I've only seen 3 or 4 of the 5.9L's out here - but then again, I'm not usually looking.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm Still Here...

Hey There,
Here's the deal. I'm here and I'm interested, but was going nuts attempting to figure out how to best make this work both time wise and otherwise... One Jeep means leaving my family high and dry unless I can get the Dart to quiet down on her sort of not happy, half frozen front calipers while driving those hills up and down I81... I love that car but it's time to rebuild those Kelsey Hayes four piston fixed calipers. I've gotta go grab my son from school in a bit but let's try and talk today, tonight if we can.... OK? Sorry for being a bit out of touch but this one Jeep thing is flippin' Nuts! Thanks.

Paul

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! E-mailed you back Paul.

A couple interior shots I took last night. As you can see it was dark. The flash makes the leather seats and panels look lighter than they are. They are actually very, very dark gray / black:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump! $3500!

Need this gone ASAP as I found a 5.9L to tow my Trans Ams!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Wow, not even a single crack in the leather, very clean indeed!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks man! I do LOVE the interior on this thing!

Some more photos. They are camera phone photos though so I apologize for the lack of quality...

Oil pressure is perfect:

Climate Control Center:

AM/FM/CD/Tape:

Infinity Gold factory underseat amp:

Infinity Gold sound system:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sale pending.

·
Registered