Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be using I6 coils in tha back and new I6 coils in the front with big ass spacers. can't wait. kinda chope'n hack lift but it will be enough to run 32's

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will be using stock I6 coils and 3inch spacers. the ass nd will sit alittle bit higjer. but i like that

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is only in the rear because the coil post is super short in the rear, but in the front it is OK

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can lengthen the rear post very easily. Just weld on a small length of 2" steel tubing and cap the end. That way the coils wont fall out at full flex.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't forget about everything else you have to do with a f/r. You'll need to atleast redrill hole for front trackbar, rear TB bracket at least, new shocks, and you should probably get new lower control arms especially if you want ot run 32's. They will rub on your rear front fender for sure without CA's. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i know that but i'm poor and the shocks that are on my truck, well i kinda lucked out. the guy who owned it previously put on shocks that are 2 inches longer than stock so i'l be ok, i will redrill my track bar in the rear and i will straighted my front. but as for the control arms i would rather cut my fender than get new LCA. i don't have alot of $$$ right now. but i'm glad to see people putting in there 2 cents.....cause that what the forum is all about. i'm so glad that we got this new forum up and running !!!!1

·
Registered
75 Posts
When you move the front coils to the rear, how much longer would have have to get the front coils to make up the difference?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the rear will be about 3 inchs with stock I6 coils and then for the front i'm goin to use my existing coils with a 3 inch spacer, but to answer your question it is around 3 inches in the front

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
On 2002-01-31 19:51, Kraqa wrote:
i will redrill my track bar in the rear and i will straighted my front.
How are you going to redrill the rear? I know you can redrill the front bracket but never heard of the rear. The rear bracket is only $50 from RE or Tera.
Nathan

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the braket puts alot of strain on your frame mount. you can easily rip the stock one right off the frame

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The bracket would put more stress on the axle side and not the frame side. How are you going to re drill the rear bar?
Nathan

·
Registered
266 Posts
On 2002-02-03 01:26, Kraqa wrote:
the braket puts alot of strain on your frame mount. you can easily rip the stock one right off the frame
You are going to put more strain on the stock brackets without the proper length track bar!

If you do use a relo bracket instead of an adjustable track bar then you should weld the relo bracket as well as bolt it.

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to this forum, hope I am no to late to help! '95ZJ I6 F/R swap. when you put the fronts to rear, you will need to put in a small spacer at the top, or bend the pich weld in wheel well. I put ZJ V-8 heavy spring in front, still installed 2" spacer. Redrill front track mount on axil-end. Rear track bar bracket from Tera Flex. 3.75" lift all around, stiffer ride. You can also remove the rear sway bar for better flex in the rear. Check your rear diff vent tube, may be getting streched.

·
Registered
11 Posts
so one could move the front coils to the
back, take the rears and put them up front with 3" spacers and you would achieve the same result as if you had a 3" lift all around?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, that is wath i did

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
On 2002-03-07 07:23, galian_beast wrote:
so one could move the front coils to the
back, take the rears and put them up front with 3" spacers and you would achieve the same result as if you had a 3" lift all around?
Yes but the spacers will not be that beneficial off road. When the stock short front spring unloads, the spacer will not help in pushing the axle onto the ground. The spring will just hang there doing nothing.
Nathan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts