Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased front and rear custom prerunner bumpers, that are coming off from a jeep cherokee. It says they will fit any year cherokee, and PROBABLY grand cherokee. I paid $400.00 for front and back and they are going to be delivered to my home, through private sale.

I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo ZJ that I am looking to mount these on to. They are really cool bumpers, but now I am wondering....Will they fit? and if not, can they be modified to fit?

Perhaps I am out my $400.00? I should have though about this first, but the look of these bumpers won me over. Is it possible I am out my $400?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Anything can fit, but it will not even begin to bolt on.

The bumpers will likely be near the right width, but the mounting brackets will be completely incorrect. You'll need to create/buy new brackets and weld them to your new bumpers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds Good

Sounds good. It was the width I was worried about more than anything. If need be, I can weld brackets to fit. I was worried that the Cherokee being more of a compact, and the Grand Cherokee being mid size, I would end up a good 6 to 8 inches short. Thanks for the prompt reply.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Grand Cherokee is only mildly wider than a Cherokee, and often, Cherokee bumpers are wider than the body, so they could end up being just wide enough for your Grand.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm very interested in this as well, a buddy of mine has an XJ with a blown 4.0. He wants to sell me the F&R bumpers for $250.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My buddy with an XJ put a brush guard from a ZJ and it looks alright.. It's a tad to wide, but overall doesn't look bad.. I know this is backwards from your original question but I know that it will fit with some modification and probably won't look too bad..

blackjack.. if you don't want to buy your buddies bumpers will you take pics and post them up here.. I might be interested

1 - 8 of 8 Posts