Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the junk yard and scored a headlight switch with the fog light button so I grabbed the bumper brackets and the harness from the plug under the bumper to the light as well. After a few minor modifications to my bumper cover, I now have some KC Daylighters mounted up front but they wont turn on. The "Auto" setting on the headlight switch works so what am I missing? Relay? Fuse? Both? Black wire on the original harness; "hot" or ground?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
This has all been covered but I'm feeling generous. How many watts are them there "KC" lights? The factory fog light wiring is only rated for 35 watts or so, plus they only come on with the low beams. Also make sure your wiring is correct.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went to the junk yard and scored a headlight switch with the fog light button so I grabbed the bumper brackets and the harness from the plug under the bumper to the light as well. After a few minor modifications to my bumper cover, I now have some KC Daylighters mounted up front but they wont turn on. The "Auto" setting on the headlight switch works so what am I missing? Relay? Fuse? Both? Black wire on the original harness; "hot" or ground?
. HELP!!!!!!!! What all do I need to make my factory headlight switch with fog light mod work do I only need to put a relay in or is there something else

1 - 4 of 4 Posts