Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like this forum:)! Is there any FL Jeepers in here that might want to do a trail ride sometime?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: turbojames on 2002-01-31 15:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm from Birmingham, AL and go to school at Troy State...I think that I may be the closest you have. Are there any really good trails that you know of?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have the Ocala National Forest near here. It's a fun place to ride, but I really don't think it would be worth your time to come all the way from Alabama to ride here. Are there good wheeling spots in Alabama? I've heard that there are some good places near Birmingham.

·
Registered
47 Posts
In Birmingham, there are quite a few spots for a lot of mud, but not a lot of places with good trails for flexing and whatnot.
Up at the Hoover Metropolitan stadium there are a bunch of trails that run off and around powerlines that a Ton of people ride around on that are pretty fun.
Another place called Colemont and The Bowl out in the boonies of Alabaster is kinda fun to explore, just look for someone with a truck or cowboy hat around and they'll tell you where it's at.
Other than that, that's all that I really know about around Birmingham. I hear that there are excellent places in Gardendale(north of B'ham), but I haven't seen them yet.
But probably not worth you're while unless you plan on being up here for something other than wheeling

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have some friends that are going to go to Samford next fall for school, so I might try to use the excuse of visiting them to go do some wheeling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the Central Florida area and would just like to meet and greet some fellow jeepers to compare clunks, squeaks,and grinds of our rigs. I grew up running around the Ocala National and it's my understanding most of the trails are closed to off-roading. Over in Altamonte Springs @ I-4 and 436 Steak & Shake the classic car club use to meet every other month or so just to admire rigs and pass on knowledge to each other. I would be up for that anywhere within 75 miles or so.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other Florida Jeepers in here? Do you run your 4X4 off-road? There is still a good deal of open trails out there in ONF,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Turbo, I'm just south of Jax about 45 min from ONF. We have a few places around here we run but nothing major. Really the're just play spots more than trails. We used to go out to Camp Blanding alot, they have endless trails, but since 9/11 security has gotten pretty tight. My brother-in-law and I have been thinking of going out to ONF but have been putting it off since we really don't know our way around it. I know how to get there just not where to go once I'm there! One saturday if your going out that way drop me a line and we'll try to join ya. See ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts