1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I've also been thinking about that Rock. My front ones are all banged up from the 35's stuffing. The closest things i've seen are on the main page of Mallcrawlin. I've searched a couple times and didn't come up with much.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, not that extreme...yet. I was thinking of something like YJ guys do on their fenders. They use the fender but cut it and incorporate tube into the existing fender and weld in some pieces and make a flare. Im sure its possible to be done, just need reinforcing underneath so it can distribute the impact of hitting something evenly. I am going to be buying a welder soon enough and I was thinking of doing what maxx did. I can just incorporate it into the ARB and the JKS rails. I wish someone had tried this, I could have sworn there was a thread on here where a ZJ had tube fenders up front? Its pretty old though

RockZJ

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
With your ARB and sliders you are sitting real good for tube guards. As far as you doing flatties (actually welding to the fender), isn't your paint pretty nice? I'd do it in a heartbeat on mine, but it would be ghey untill I get real lift and tires. The only rocks around here are in the ghetto (I stay as far away as poss), but they would be great for trees.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Rock you are on the same page as me. I want to make a tube that runs up along the fender and then do it like the YJ guys. Plus added support laterally for when I slide off rocks into trees.

I always see this guy at Rausch and want Tube fender like his for my Grand.

I found this picture on Mallcrawlin and its sorta what I want minus the vertical bars.
[/img]

·
Registered
526 Posts
You could run a tube from your sliders to the arb then cut the fender and pull it out enough to weld it to the fender guard the get it painted up

·
Registered
3,497 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah my paint is still nice but I am more concerned with keeping the rest of the body secure because that passenger side I know is going to catch a rashing...always does. I wish someone made them for the ZJ's. I swear at times Grand Cherokee's are the long forgotten Jeep, only recently has there even been an aftermarket for them. Stupid Wranglers haha

RockZJ

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had an idea. What if you had the tube set up like that guy has it but fabbed into the fender and instead of tie-ing it into the bumper and rock rails you instead made legs that had bolt holes so you could attach it to the body? The tube would run through the fender itself at the front most part towards the lights and the bottom most point by the rockers and bolt to the body that way? Do the same thing for the upper mounts also and this would allow the fender to bolt up using the stock stuff and also have the new mounts to reinforce it. Let me know if that makes sense? Then you could weld the fender itself to the tube and also around where the tube goes through the fender to connect to the body welded for structure and then where needed incorporate sheet metal. Just an idea, lets build off of this. Take it tweak it and lets figure this out!

RockZJ

·
Registered
526 Posts
I kinda uderstand what your saying. I wish I knew more 'bout the puter an do some art work with a pic. In about a 1-1.5 mo. when I get my sliders I'll try to do some paint on a pic of mine.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
RockZJ said:
Thats sick as he|| but it would have to be removable. For obvious reasons, winch, this and that, I cannot have it completely solid but I do like that idea with some sheet metal in there would look tit$!

RockZJ
I got a sheet of diamond plate for free (maybe 30" x 8'), I was gonna use on the rear quarters, but seeing the pic Andy posted, now I want fenders like that, with the plate filling the void. I wouldn't attach it to the fender, the only piece of the fender I think I'd use would be a filler towards the door. Detachable is always cool, but It could bolt to the front bar and sliders.

As a side note, that bar over the cowl would have prevented me from getting the coolest dent one of my rigs ever had. I slid off a trail on ice in my 82 Waggy once, a tree kept me from rolling all the way over (and down a huge hill), but dented the cowl by the passenger side wiper. That dent was always a good conversation piece (how the h#ll did that happen?), I wouldn't have traded that dent for anything!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I was thinking about using a cotterless pin or hurricane clip on the slider end so if I needed to take the bumper off I could with out having to undo my sliders as well

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Those are sweet!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts