Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a firestick II cb antenna soon and wanted to know best place to mount it, i think i want it mounted in the rear hatch. Also for those who have one, is drilling required? and if so give me a good idea of where 2 do it

·
Registered
116 Posts
I put my mount on the rear driver side. After you take out the rear light yuou end up drilling four holes. Then feed the wires through the hole where the rest of the brake wires go to the inside cabin. Pretty simple. Probably the cleanest place to put a month. If you screw up you just fill the holes and drill more and nobody will know.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, also i see you have stillen rotors, mine are all warped(wow thats odd) and i wanted to know how much the stillens cost. Seriously i thought all my tires were goin to fall off yesterday when i barely tapped the breaks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
They are pretty pricey email a guy named nick at [email protected] he is a great guy to deal with and has the best prices around. I was able to get them for a couple of hundred less that anywhere on the web.

Steve

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all right, also anyody from northeast give me an idea where i can buy a firestick, not many places i can think about, i am from western mass so conn is fine and so is vermont and nh, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
On 2002-04-02 12:19, greengrandy wrote:
also anyody from northeast give me an idea where i can buy a firestick, not many places i can think about
Why only a firestick? There are alot of other options for antennas out there that are just as good, even better. My tunable-tip, top-loaded Wilson is pretty sharp, and kicks ass to boot.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one more question for all with a cb antenna mounted in the rear hatch, where/ how did you run the wire from the back to the front

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a WJ and I just fed the antenna wire through the rubber seal where the brake light wires go and into the Jeep. I removed all the plastic sides back to front. Fed the wire through there, put the plastic back on and you are set. I have a good write up on it if you want it, it is for a WJ but it still might apply in some places

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that would be great if you could send me the write -up, i am sure it can somehow pertain to a Zj

1 - 13 of 13 Posts