Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Finally got my ZJ done!

101K views 313 replies 69 participants last post by  EpsiHanns 
#1 ·
Finally got my ZJ done after many years of up grades.
Dynatrac front D44 Heavy duty larger rotors and calipers/ Rear ProRock D60, 5x5.5 bolt, high pinion reverse rotation with ARBs, 4.88 gears
Currie Currectlync Steering system & custom steering brace.(like it a lot)
Procomp MX6
Custom drive shaft
NP231 Transfer case (Why didn't I swap it earlier!)
Rubican Express Long Arm kit (had a few bad customer service experiences)with Acos, total 7~8" lift.
35"12.5"15" MTR (like my old Procomp Extreme Mud better) with Beadlock black steel wheels 3.75" back space.
Addco front & Currie AntiRock rear swaybars (Addco front bar need to be relocated forward to avoid binding to front springs, Addco rear sway bar will bind to the rear springs no matter what, trashed! switch to Antirock and it rocks).
ARB front bumper with winch, rear KOR Stealth bumper with tire carrier (powder coated)
KOR sliders & roof rack & transfer case skid
Projection head light and 6 additional Hellas (do I really need them???)
Fitch catalyst (sucks!)
KNN FIPK
Jet module & thermostate
EBC yellow stuff break pads (good stuff!)
Custom exhaust to adapt to the lift, Magnaflow cat converter
3 rows radiator with heavy duty fan clutch and hood louvers
4XD gas tank skid (high guality sh%t)

KOR rear bumper gives the rear a lot of clearance so we can move the rear suspension backwards more. Which clear the 35" without trimming & make the car more stable the freeway. ( Fully use the long arms at the rear)
The car now drives better, brakes a whole lot better, turns better (a lot lighter steering), doesn't wonder around on the freeway, make a lot less noise (except the new brake pads). And finally, "zero" vibration anywhere!!

See less See more
#4 ·
I will try to get some pics on Wednesday (my day off), Have not off roaded yet. Will try soon after the Holidays. So far it drives much better on the freeway.

#5 ·
I got all the pics, but...how do I post them?

#7 ·

#9 ·
on the pics you can see the ProRock 60 (rear) does give more clearance than the D44 (Front)

#12 ·
ZJ is lookin good. Is that some sort of bump stop extension on the ACOS? I'd like to hear more, I was lookin at tryin somethin like that.

#13 ·
That looks great. Hope you like it.

Hunter

#15 ·
It rides so smooth that feels like a BMW (almost, except the tire noise and minor vibration from the tires at bumpy freeway surface), all other clinck and noise are gone. Still have very minor binding at the rear driver side AntiRock sway bar that need to be adjust. Somehow all the new additions made all the cracking noise of the body went away for some reason.
the extensions on Acos were custom made.
That axles are customer made so brackets are already on them. I don't want to mention the cost again to avoid comments, they are very expansive indeed.
The rack is KOR, I like the rear KOR bumper very much too. But the rear Addco sway bar I got from them is a peice of junk. I have to get rid of it. Not good for lift ZJ, it always get caught in the rear spring. (so did the front Addco sway bar. We have to relocated forward 1 inch to avoid getting caught in the front springs)
The shop completely custom built out the exhaust system, the pipe curved around the long arm kit and custom shaft.

#16 ·
Wow NICE! looks like you spared no expense.

Looks great! Now go wheel it and post some pics!!

#17 ·
VERY nice.....that thing is cleeeen.

#18 ·
I just measured the ground clearances from the lowest points of the housing. The D44 has 10 1/8" clearance, the ProRock 60 actually has 10 7/8" clearance (a 3/4 inch more clearance). Too bad both Dynatrac & the shop do not recommend Prorock 60 for the front axle on ZJ. I would've love the extra 3/4" in front.

#19 ·
this is my new favorite jeep ever.

go wheel it so i can have something else to drool at.

#20 ·
rtingdds said:
It rides so smooth that feels like a BMW (almost, except the tire noise and minor vibration from the tires at bumpy freeway surface), all other clinck and noise are gone. Still have very minor binding at the rear driver side AntiRock sway bar that need to be adjust. Somehow all the new additions made all the cracking noise of the body went away for some reason.
the extensions on Acos were custom made.
That axles are customer made so brackets are already on them. I don't want to mention the cost again to avoid comments, they are very expansive indeed.
The rack is KOR, I like the rear KOR bumper very much too. But the rear Addco sway bar I got from them is a peice of junk. I have to get rid of it. Not good for lift ZJ, it always get caught in the rear spring. (so did the front Addco sway bar. We have to relocated forward 1 inch to avoid getting caught in the front springs)
The shop completely custom built out the exhaust system, the pipe curved around the long arm kit and custom shaft.
Why would you want to avoid saying the cost, I wouldnt have asked if I was going to flame your thread. I think it would all be good to hear so we know its not feasible on most incomes.

RocKZJ

#21 ·
rear Prorock 60 axle with ARB ~$5000

#23 ·
Really? Wow, I did not know that guys, sorry about that. 5K, well as long as you use it then thats all that matters! I dont think I was one who flamed it...I really dont know, I dont remember reading anything.

RockZJ [smilie=bal_ask.gif]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.