Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

301 - 312 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
i would not buy the 300mm u joints i would just buy good qaulity ujoints like spicer. You have to keep a weak link somewere in your drive train. My experience with heavy duty u joints like longfeild came out very exspencive i kept snapping axls shafts at the ears and yes (even chromoly axles) and could not figure out why untill i had a vetern bring it to light for me. He told me that it does not pay off for trail rigs to have super ujoints for one they have no flex 2 they are not practicle money wise 3 its not like you can just make a trail repair unless you pony up the cash carry spare chromoly axles with ya i know when i spend 800 dollars or more for a set chromoly forged shafts i want to keep them as long as possible. I would much rather spend 25-30 dollars on a spicer brand u joint and do a trail repair then lose out on a 300 dollar inner or outer shaft. That high dollar u joint is gonna look real pretty sitting in the mud with your snapped chromoly shaft wishing that u rather of had a snapped u joint then see your high dollar shaft go down the shitter and then you realize dam i dont have a spare shaft to make it home but if had a spare ujoint in 30 minutes you could be wheelin again instead of having you trail buddy towing you. You dont have to take my word for it but im just giving a little food for thought

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
too late, install it already. I still have a weak link-the lockable hubs. I have a spare set of front axles thought & spare hubs just in case

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
Sold my car today....sad
But on the brighter side, I sold it to someone who I have known for a long time and really love this car ever since I built it. And I believe he will keep it forever, I will be able to see it from time to time.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
I'm still in denial.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your thread has been inspirational and has given me a few, new ideas for what I intend to build. I'm grateful for you sharing this.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Your thread has been inspirational and has given me a few, new ideas for what I intend to build. I'm grateful for you sharing this.
Thank you! We share the same love.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Why on earth did you sell this amazing beast?!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Why on earth did you sell this amazing beast?!
I'm not sure...I guess I want a change in life?? I can't drive the car everyday because it uses too much gas, and I felt bad to let it parked at home all the time. The person who bought it has been wanting it for a long long time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm hoping he continues with the legacy that ZJ and start a new thread here or join NAGCA. I still want to see it someday. I'm sure what he got was priceless. I have a strong clue that your next 4x4 won't be in this forum hehehe.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
I'm hoping he continues with the legacy that ZJ and start a new thread here or join NAGCA. I still want to see it someday. I'm sure what he got was priceless. I have a strong clue that your next 4x4 won't be in this forum hehehe.
I will ask him to join!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
My old ZJ is for sale again by the owner:

97 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 5.2L

rebuilt engine & trans

NP231 transfer case

Rubican Express 6.5" Long arm kit

ACOS adjustable spring spacer

Dynatrac Dana 44 front axle with Longfield 300M super U Joints & Superior Axles Chromoly front axle shafts

Dynatrac ProRock60 rear axle

ARB front & rear air locker

Custom drive shaft

ARB front bumper

Remote control Warn winch with synthetic Viking line

Kevin's off Road rear bumper with tire carrier, KOR roof rack, KOR rock slidz, KOR diff skit

Ron Davis Aluminum racing radiator with additional electric front push fan and fan controller

Transmission cooler

Fitch Catakyst

FIPK air intake

front Off Road Only(ORO) SwayLoc swaybar& Currie rear AntiRock swaybar

Custom Kings remote shocks

Hella roof & bumper mount fog lights

4xdoctor Hi steer/brace with Tom Lee ram assist

4Xdoctor tank skid

35"Goodrich KM2 beadlocked 5&5.5 lugs; 15" black steel wheels

Custom exhaust with Hushpower II muffler

hood heat extraction vent(louver)

military style battery terminal clamp

under body LED off road lights

front and rear off-road cameras with night vision and visor monitor

red color FireStik CB antenna on rear bumper

majority of the off road components (suspension, axles, transfer case, transmission, bumpers,..) were professionally built /install by Mike at 4xDoctor Burbank

I think he is selling it for $18000(Just the 2 Axles cost me more than that!)
Anyone interested?

301 - 312 of 312 Posts