Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

281 - 300 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #283 (Edited)
I would never sell your rig, it's priceless.
I felt the same way...The lift was properly setup. Suspension is flawless. From head to toe are absolutely done right. It performs super great in offroad yet very streetable. It's totally bug free, which I believe it's extremely hard to get on a lift ZJ.
Someone offered me $15000 (barely enough to pay the cost of my Dynatracs & ARBs). I was hoping for $20000 or higher (one offroad shop told me possible $20000~25000 if I not selling it in the rush & wait for the right buyer)
My wife really wanted those 2012 (290 hp) 4 doors Wrangler & want to get one by the end of year. I am still debating it. I had this ZJ since 1996 (97 model), I am the original owner. A lot of emotional attachment there, alone with $50000 investment on this baby. I don't think I will ever let go without north of $20000. Maybe I should simply re-paint the car & keep it for life.

·
Registered
660 Posts
There was a really nice 5.9L ZJ that sold over on MC for less than $13k. Similar setup to yours except he had front/rear rock jock 60s and a functional inner/exo cage.

Unless things are really different over on the west coast, I think you'll be keeping your rig for a while...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I felt the same way...The lift was properly setup. Suspension is flawless. From head to toe are absolutely done right. It performs super great in offroad yet very streetable. It's totally bug free, which I believe it's extremely hard to get on a lift ZJ.
Someone offered me $15000 (barely enough to pay the cost of my Dynatracs & ARBs). I was hoping for $20000 or higher (one offroad shop told me possible $20000~25000 if I not selling it in the rush & wait for the right buyer)
My wife really wanted those 2012 (290 hp) 4 doors Wrangler & want to get one by the end of year. I am still debating it. I had this ZJ since 1996 (97 model), I am the original owner. A lot of emotional attachment there, alone with $50000 investment on this baby. I don't think I will ever let go without north of $20000. Maybe I should simply re-paint the car & keep it for life.
Your right a bug free ZJ is hard to find let alone a lifted and modified one. I definitely wouldn't sell for as much as you have invested especially for a wrangler. Everyone has a Wrangler few have a lifted ZJ. IMOP spend the money to get her painted, the one pic that always convinces me of this is that shot of the Bushwacker ZJ that was restored for SEMA a couple years back. These are really well made trucks and I think you would be disappointed with the wrangler not in the sense that it would fail on you just in the sense that it isn't a Grand. With all of this being said if you do decided to sell her at least buy an SRT-8 Grand :). Awesome rig, you have done it all the right way and it shows!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
recent photos

·
Registered
103 Posts
Selling you ZJ? OH no

@ rtingdds, just to let you know..your rig is my inspiration, with that much invested, I personally would not sell it for a newer wrangler. Everywhere I go, I see those JK, they seem to flood the streets. But a super lifted ZJ? very few. I hope to see your ZJ someday in person, and yes I'm in Long Beach CA.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
Thank you so much for the kind words! My car is looking forward to see you around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Day from Greece. Currently I am trying to set up my own ZJ and I am wondering if you could advise me regarding the KING shocks. What valving are u using and what is the lenght of the shocks?

Really sorry abt my English.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Good Day from Greece. Currently I am trying to set up my own ZJ and I am wondering if you could advise me regarding the KING shocks. What valving are u using and what is the lenght of the shocks?

Really sorry abt my English.
Sorry I don't have that info, will find out for you

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
My Ron Davis 2 rows aluminum radiator is leaking after 2 1/2~3 years of use (with not a lot of miles on it at all)
I emailed them 2 days ago. I know they only have 90 days warranty on it. But I'll like to see what they can do for me. For something that is made for extreme duty & made in the US. I expect more then 90 days & better services. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Ron Davis radiator company told me they only warranted the radiator for 90 days.
They said radiator can leak for many reasons. I could have been using the wrong coolant. So the new replacement will cost more than $700. They will not give me any discount.
In my opinion, even my last "Chinese" aluminum radiator lasted me more than 6 years. I replace it because I needed extra cooling power. This so call proudly made in America product that according to their website, has superior quality, leaks in 2 1/2 years (now why would a superior quality product will only give a 90 days warranty?). No wonder we are losing our jobs to foreign country....very disappointed at them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sucks to hear, but scum bag scam artists have ruined a lot of those deals and warranties. Just today at Best Buy the guy in front of me tell his wife, "Let's get the two year warranty and right before it expires we will drop it and get a replacement." He was dead serious about it too. Sometime you can find a company that will help out, but sounds like you are getting the short end of the stick.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Sucks to hear, but scum bag scam artists have ruined a lot of those deals and warranties. Just today at Best Buy the guy in front of me tell his wife, "Let's get the two year warranty and right before it expires we will drop it and get a replacement." He was dead serious about it too. Sometime you can find a company that will help out, but sounds like you are getting the short end of the stick.
I kind of agree with you. There is a lot of people out there who abused the system & make everything worse for the others

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Offroaded at Big Bear lake over the weekend, here are some of the videos:

My Rubicon Express rear track bar actually broke in half at in the middle that day, clean break!!
The material looked so surprisingly thin & cheap, no wonder it snapped in half! Which also torn the E brake due to the rear axle shifting. Shame on Rubicon Express!! No wonder the original owner can not survive in this industry. Gave me a lot of trouble & headache. I am so fed up with my Rubicon Express long arm kit, I really believed the original owner were running a unethical business by selling low quality products. What goes around will come around one day to them.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
picture by Randall Davis

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #297

Did some 3 wheeling!

Photos by Randall Davis

·
Registered
43 Posts
heres a little glimps of what happens in the future when your balls get bigger. You might as well exo skeliton it yet to round evrything out

·
Registered
454 Posts
By the pictures, he seems to have bigger balls than I...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
getting ready to install Longfield 300M super U Joints & Superior Axles Chromoly front axle shafts on my front Dana 44 axle. Will keep you guys posted.

281 - 300 of 312 Posts