261 - 280 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
....I find myself having jeep envy

·
Registered
29 Posts
What kind of front drive shaft did you use?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #263

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
How are your roof light wires run up to the rack? How are they sealed if penetrating the roof?
Yes you do drill a hole through the roof & seal around

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
On my ZJ, I drilled a hole through the roof rail and ran the wire inside up the pillar under the plastic, under the headliner, and out of the hole through the roof rail. I just sealed it from below and from up top with gasket maker. I also wrapped the wire in a substantial amount of electrical tape to keep it from wearing through and grounding out. I grounded my lights on one of the roof rail bolts so that I only had to run one wire into the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my ZJ, I drilled a hole through the roof rail and ran the wire inside up the pillar under the plastic, under the headliner, and out of the hole through the roof rail. I just sealed it from below and from up top with gasket maker. I also wrapped the wire in a substantial amount of electrical tape to keep it from wearing through and grounding out. I grounded my lights on one of the roof rail bolts so that I only had to run one wire into the passenger compartment.
Thanks. Having a sun roof definitely limits the space to drill but the roof rail looked like the best alternative.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Thinking about re-painting the whole car " Jeep Rescue Green".
Not sure if it is a good idea.
Does anyone know a good shop in LA county, near Pasadena?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #270

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
I was quoted $3000~3300 for original color, $3500~3700 to change color because more job will be involved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow! Thats a large chunk of paint cash for something that enjoys trail abuse. I read your whole build thread and I think your ZJ is awesome. Its your rig and do what makes you happy.
Any update on how your front and rear sway control is turning out road vs trail long term?

I was quoted $3000~3300 for original color, $3500~3700 to change color because more job will be involved.
i

·
Registered
256 Posts
Does it need a paint job? I wasn't suggesting to repaint it the same color, just leave it the way it is. If you're going to spend the money repainting it I'd definitely pick a color that's not on a stock ZJ, like the rescue green.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Does it need a paint job? I wasn't suggesting to repaint it the same color, just leave it the way it is. If you're going to spend the money repainting it I'd definitely pick a color that's not on a stock ZJ, like the rescue green.
the car has a lot of scatches & dents from offroading. I am OK, my wife find it annoying. Specially this car gets a lot of attention driving around.

·
Registered
88 Posts
where you located, my dad is a painter, charges next to nothing just to make ends meet, he's in Iowa though. Even pretty good on simple airbrushing too...the plastics were bought like that but he did the tank and gets a good deal on the powdercoating for those rims on there....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #277 (Edited)
where you located, my dad is a painter, charges next to nothing just to make ends meet, he's in Iowa though. Even pretty good on simple airbrushing too...the plastics were bought like that but he did the tank and gets a good deal on the powdercoating for those rims on there....
Los Angeles!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #278 (Edited)
Wow! Thats a large chunk of paint cash for something that enjoys trail abuse. I read your whole build thread and I think your ZJ is awesome. Its your rig and do what makes you happy.
Any update on how your front and rear sway control is turning out road vs trail long term?

i
The front & rear swaybars combos are great!
Best purchases ever. Great for on road & off road. However, sometimes the ORO swayloc make noise, but a little lub took care of it from time to time.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Can anyone give me a idea how much my ZJ worth, if I would sell it? Someone approached me with interest to buy.

·
Registered
840 Posts
if i were to just take a stab in the dark i would guess around 8-10k..easily its worth more im sure but to realistically sell it for more would be hard..great looking jeep though

261 - 280 of 312 Posts