Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

241 - 260 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Rear is back about as far as it will go without contacting the fuel tank skid. Had a guy say to check the long arm ends, may be worn, if so hopefully the Clayton ends are rebuildable. Will have to see how to run a track bar, not much room back there. Diff is gusseted along top and the shock mounting has been moved for triangulation. I stuck a small exhaust on it yesterday, previous owner had it terminate at the Y pipe, way obnoxious. Threw on a Thrush Turbo and elbowed it down and out passenger side in front of rear tire. Can hear the stereo now!
if u got the calyton kit there no need for rear trackbar.check ur johnny joints, also how do u got ur shocks set up?
if u got the triangulation shock kit from clayton,that will make ur jeep sway alot more. U will need stiffer shocks or go back to a stock set up!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well guys, I rolled under to check out the johnny joints, they looked good, so, on a hunch, I had my son shake the Jeep side to side while I watched for excess movement and ba da bing, the bushing side of at least 2 of the arms had noticeable play. I dropped the upper drivers side arm and the bushing insert promptly fell on the floor! The bushings are hammered! Got replacements coming for all from Clayton. Thanks guys for putting me on the right track! If this doesn't fix it, it should make it far better!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
got King shocks installed. They look massive. will post pics soon

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
There are the photos of new Kings & KM2s, you can see how flexible front SwayLoc & rear AntiRock swaybars are.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
The king's look so sick..Wats the shock size and valving?
Do u use bump stops?
Bump stops at the front end only, The shocks are I believe 2.5"; not sure about the valving but they are firmer than the firmest dial on the MX6 & Rancho 9000

·
Registered
393 Posts
my fox's are stiffer than my bilstines...but still to soft for offroading for me..haha
I think if u look at the bottom of the shock body it should say wat valving it is..
U going to Tierra Del Sol?
http://tds4x4.com/

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
my fox's are stiffer than my bilstines...but still to soft for offroading for me..haha
I think if u look at the bottom of the shock body it should say wat valving it is..
U going to Tierra Del Sol?
http://tds4x4.com/
No, got to work this Sat.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
There is a big off road event on June 19th & 20th (starting night run on the 18th) in Big Bear CA. Go to www.ie4w.com to find out.
I am going on runs on 18th night & 19th. Anyone going?

I am also selling 4 "brand new" MX6 shocks, these are not used at all! good for 5"~8" lift ZJ. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Just got "red" color synthetic roller installed on my fairleads. Looks great!
I also got front & rear off road camera with 7" screen on both front visors with night vision for night runs. Will post pics soon!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
New photos to Mottino Wash trail & John Bull trail to tesy out the king shocks & offroad camera. The new shocks prevented a lot of quick drops of body. I only banged the bottom a lot less then before. They are really great investments.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just following up on your front and rear cam views and infrared.

I enjoyed reading the entire thread. I learn new things specially your custom muffler. I just recently had a muffler done due to my new RE long arms. They did not continue running the pipes to the rear and stop at the axle. So I will be showing your rig to them that it is possible.
I hope I don't have same issues with the MX6 since I'm getting them.
I hope to see your rig, it sounds your local to California. I"m in So Cal area.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
I enjoyed reading the entire thread. I learn new things specially your custom muffler. I just recently had a muffler done due to my new RE long arms. They did not continue running the pipes to the rear and stop at the axle. So I will be showing your rig to them that it is possible.
I hope I don't have same issues with the MX6 since I'm getting them.
I hope to see your rig, it sounds your local to California. I"m in So Cal area.
Are you going to BIg Bear Forest fest next month? go to IE4W.com for detail

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #256 (Edited)
Just received my Willwood dual piston brakes & red calipers for my front.
Will installed them tomorrow.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Installed the Willwoods today.

The braking were a lot worse then my original calipers came from Dynatrac. So I re-installed the old sets back. I think I might have need a larger booster & cylinder for those. Contacted Willwood, they said the Calipers are design to work with existing booster & master cylinder. I don't think so. So plan aborted.

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
That sucks, it is never fun to 'upgrade' and not get the results you were looking for.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
just took another trip to Mottino Wash

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #260 (Edited)
New update on all the mods:

Dynatrac front D44 Heavy duty larger rotors and calipers with ARB, 4.88 gear
Dynatrac Rear ProRock D60, 5x5.5 bolt, high pinion reverse rotation with ARB, 4.88 gear
Custom 4XD hi steer with Tom Lee ram assist, racing steering fluid reservoir & filter
KOR steering brace
Custom built 2.5" King's shocks with remote reservoir
Custom drive shaft front & rear
NP231 (heavy duty rebuilt)Transfer case with custom catalytic converter heat shield
Rubican Express Long Arm kit with ACOS, total 6" lift.
35"12.5"15" KM2 with Allied 32 bolts Beadlock black steel wheels 3.75" back space.
ORO SwayLoc dual rated swaybar at front & Currie AntiRock rear swaybars (best investments)
ARB front bumper
Warn remote control winch, Viking line & Daystar rollers
KOR Stealth rear bumper with tire carrier
KOR sliders
KOR roof rack
KOR transfer case skid
HID head light and 6 additional Hellas
Fitch catalyst (sucks!)
KNN FIPK
EBC yellow stuff break pads (good stuff!)
Custom hi clearance exhaust system to adapt to the lift, Magnaflow hi flow cat converter, Flowmaster hushpower II exhaust
Ron Davis 3 rows aluminum racing radiator with heavy duty fan clutch
heavy duty AC condenser
Secondary 16" electric pusher fan
Gen-right hood louvers
4XD gas tank skid
4XD front diff skid
under body night offroad LED light
front & back offroad cameras with night vision & visors mounted screens
Rebuilt engine, rebuilt trans

241 - 260 of 313 Posts