Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be running the advanced trail. Is there any parts of the trail that is know for eating drive train parts? I am trying to get a parts list going and don't know what I should bring.

Also I here they sell parts at Tellico. Is this true? Do they have a web site?

Sorry for all the questions. I don't want to hold anyone up on the trail.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The harder trails like slickrock, guardrail, helicopter pad, schoolbus, peckerwood, and lower 2 that we will be running all require moderate protection from the rocks.. A good set of skids helps a lot, but if you have enough clearance, you can get away without them.. Basically you see the normal stuff fail like axle shafts, ujoints, hubs, driveshafts, etc. I carry spares of all the above plus an assortment of bolts and the stock parts that might come in handy like a serp belt.

The campground has some stuff available, but not too much.. The site is www.crawfordsattellico.com.. You won't see anything listed though. Smoky Mtn. 4x4 is about 20 minutes away from the trails and they usually have most of the stuff on hand that breaks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
All of the trails are between a mile and 5 miles long. There aren't any high speed sections of the trail. You won't break 10 mph on any of them except for trail 1.. But Crawfords is a good 20 minutes or so from the trails themselves, so you either have to trailer to the parking/pay area, or drive your rig on the street at 30-40 mph to get there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts