Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fastman throttle body anybody run this? id like to know a lil more about it... or any other throttle bodys that improve air intake thanks yall

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
665 Posts
i've heard on a 4L going larger than a 60mm is a waste. something about venturi affect and loosing intake vacuum. i just honed and polished my stock tb today. as with most of the people on here i cannot verify any hp gains but it seems zippier (quicker throttle response). maype its just my optimism but im sure it did not hurt anything.

ps i know you were talking about a v8

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input.. i do infact have a V8 but either way 4.0 or anything else we all want to breath better for better power... SO id like to hear more on how you honed and polished your stock tb... if its a rather easy process id love to do this myself.. any info and/ or pics would be outstanding

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would say go with a 52mm... I'm not running anything but stock as far as that goes. Although this summer I'm gonna try and put TBs and Intakes on my R/T dakota and my ZJ 5.2. I want to go with the M-1 maybe 4bbl w/ 2 bbl adapter or just the 2bbl for the R/T. I've heard the 4bbl just don't work well on most moderately mod'ed 5.2s and 5.9s. I think I'm just going to get a modified kegger for the ZJ tho. Also for the R/T I'm wanting to do roller rockers or a cam.

·
Registered
665 Posts
my stock tb measured 62mm at the top and 60 at the bottom. i purchased a two inch and a 2.5 inch stainless wire brush. its pretty easy from there. if you cant figure it out or if alot of people show interest ill make a write up

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok cool... you honed it out to 60 and 62? so it kinda ever so slightly cones?im sorry to sound so dumb of course the wire brush goes on a drill or something to spin it but why 2 inches AND 2.5? i would like this spelled out for me as i so do not want to mess anything up so sorry

·
Registered
665 Posts
those were the closest sizes i could find in s.a.e. as you could imagine it would be very difficult to find a 60mm brush. it might be easier in canada or something but i live in southern ohio. just find the largest size that fits. turn your drill on high speed and push it in and out all around. dont focus on one area too long though or you will hurt the perfect circle. you have to hold there pretty long to do that though so dont let it discourage you from trying.

when you are done you might want to use a polishing wheel and some high grit polishing compound to smooth it out. this is the harder part.

·
Registered
665 Posts
you have a 2 barrel tb though if i remember right. so you might be doing this twice with smaller brushes.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
correct it is 2 barrel so ill be doin it twice.. jus wondering.. you honed it out only to the throttle plates right? a friend that works at nappa said if i wanted to bore it out to get a new one cus the plates are expensive... unless you hone just up to them... is this what you did?

·
Registered
665 Posts
no i took the throttle body comletely apart. removing everything on mine only took one star bit screwdriver. i took the plate out and did the whole tb and then regreased the bearings on the butterfly valve and re installed everything

·
Registered
665 Posts
no. it doesnt really matter. if anything youd have a slightly higher idle, but i didnt notice anything.. it wasnt perfectly sealed when i removed it either.

·
Registered
665 Posts
i see what your saying though. if you get a really large increse you will probably want a new plate. it wouldnt be hard at all to make though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts