Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just got my 2014 grand Cherokee limited 4x4 about a month ago and my engine light came on this morning while on my way to work and it’s running good no issues but I don’t really know much about my Jeep so I was wondering if y’all could possibly help?

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can get the code read for free at any of the major chain auto parts stores.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It could be something as simple as the gas cap is loose. Check that first. The cap has to be on tight for vapor recovery stuff to function properly.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Buy a $13 Bluetooth obdII reader and use the torque app to read the codes. Or any of the similar options.
I believe EVAP leaks are the most common. Dealer supposedly fixed a leaking EVAP hose and replaced plugs for misfire but of course didn't solve the issue. If it's EVAP leak, I'd recommend just replacing each component until you solve it. Save yourself a lot of money swapping out the various parts over a dealer/repair shop that will be guessing at the same thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay so I just got my 2014 grand Cherokee limited 4x4 about a month ago and my engine light came on this morning while on my way to work and it’s running good no issues but I don’t really know much about my Jeep so I was wondering if y’all could possibly help?
You need to have the code read. Dealer or possibly local auto parts store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts