Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I'll come. I gotta meat (not mispelled) Henley.

Grand Only was my vote. Oh and I think I could probably drag 2dgrez away from his steak joint.

Just make sure it is well after GSW. Oh and Where is this place in Minn. I am in Minot ND.

·
Registered
619 Posts
we are pretty sure it is going to be july 12, 13 plus one day being either the 11th or the 14th. it sounds like that is where it will work out for most. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
619 Posts
thanks guest, that link will most definatly come in handy. :-0

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Thanks man.

Hey anyone have some pictures of this place? What kind of terrain is it? I suppose being close to the lake it will be muddy and soft with lots of roots?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Actually its not lake bottom but instead on a big hill :). Lots of rocks, tight trails... Sharp rocks...bring at least 1 GOOD spair or trailer yoruself........
THere is mud to play in, and also rocks, basically a wide variety of stuff...

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Toluidine said:
Here is a link to the MN-Jeep page. The thread has alot of links to a trip that a local group tool up there.
Forgetty to posty linky.

Korn.......its the chuggy man.....it has to be trailered and I have spare everything (unless it is the part I actually break then I will have forgotten that part or used it on a earlier trip and not replaced it yet....Shizz happens)

G

·
0 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why is it during the week? There's a good possibility I will come up Friday after work on the 9th, wheel the 10th/11th and head out if any others plan the same. Can't take anymore days off work; my 3 weeks are already booked up!

·
Registered
619 Posts
sheet~!

the only days i got off work were for the weekend of the 16th, i couldnt remeber the date, and i knew it wasnt in the single digits. i ASSUMED.... that it was going to be a weekend, why the hell would we think it would be during the week?
:eek:
jobs give us money to pour into our trucks.

jobs jobs jobs....

yeah, im down for the july15-18th. thats when i can go. :thumbsup:

G

·
0 Posts
I'm in as long as the ZJ survives GSW and this still fits into my calander (I think it will.)

However, I'm voting for GRAND slam. It's not TJ slam, XJ slam, or any other kind of slam. it's a GRAAAAAND slam!

Only exception I've seen that made any sense at all was at GSMW last year where the trail guides were in TJ's. We needed guides.

Call me crazy ;)

·
Registered
619 Posts
MattsZJ said:
...However, I'm voting for GRAND slam. It's not TJ slam, XJ slam, or any other kind of slam. it's a GRAAAAAND slam!

Only exception I've seen that made any sense at all was at GSMW last year where the trail guides were in TJ's. We needed guides.

Call me crazy ;)
\\

heeal yea. I dont care about the guides, i guess, but it does seem kinda weird that a bunch of ZJ.Wjs show up and need other to show them the trails!! when its not like that at all actually ... :smoke:

and it will survive, the show must go on.

·
Registered
656 Posts
As a Grand Slam organizer who has spent a LOT of time setting up similiar events in Utah, Colorado, and in Arizona, I wholeheartedly agree with Sandy in that the name "Grand Slam" needs to be reserved exclusively for Grand Cherokee runs only. There is no reason why the guides can't jump in with the driver of a Grand and lead the trail. I'm reasonably certain that Clay Cissell who runs this site would agree that the "Grand Slam" name needs to be preserved and protected for exclusively Grand Cherokee events. E-mail him and ask him before we move forward further.

(BTW, if you guys are hell-bent on inviting other rigs, please, please, PLEASE name it something differently...like "Gilbert Jeep-Freid" or "Minnesota All-Jeep Invitational" or something. I just got home from running trails all weekend in Moab at Easter Jeep Safari with nearly exclusively ALL Wranglers...and most of my buddies run either TJs or XJs, so I'm not a racist or anything, lol. However, I beg of you to please preserve the "Grand Slam" name.)

Very Sincerely,
Kevin

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I agree. Grand Slams are for Grand Cherokee's. Call it something else if your gonna invite and allow other rigs.

Oh and not that I am vehicle specific, but I won't be driving over to wheel with just anybody. If it's not a Grand Slam...I'll just drive 7 hours south to the Black Hills to wheel with just anybody.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i dont know many times ive wanted to post just to agree with AK, so i figure that this one is worth it, since its all adding up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
agreed, this is going to be a Grand Cherokee only event......

I do need an idea on how many people are coming and that want to camp, I need to reserve teh spots, since they do fill up quite quickly in the summer.....

21 - 39 of 39 Posts