Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious how many people are interested in this, I have already heard from a few people who are interested, but I a real list would be nice. So if your interested just post a message
So far I have myself.

Kornchild
Seth586 +1 or 2?
ZJipsomatic +2?
Henley
T_TT
nattyb
96zjlimited

·
Registered
619 Posts
NORTH LIST

im in for sure, and ill prolly bring a slew of ganders (MI People) so... yea

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm interested, but I don't schedule things for 7 months in advance. I'll keep tabs on this as spring rolls around, and I might be able to more concretely give a "yea" or "nay".

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm very interested, was planing a trip up there this summer anyways sounds realy fun. I have a buddy that just bought a 2003 Rubicon would like to invite him if it would be ok?

96grand + 1
friend + 1

·
Registered
154 Posts
I might be on a come back tour in the beginning of June (friends grad parties).......if it's then I might spend a day up there.......

-T

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm interested. :grin:

My bro lives in St Paul and we're right now, (Feb), in the process of moving my parents into assisted living there, so it would be a "2 bird" trip for me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You already have me in the list kornchild under nattyb (JU name) but i know a buddy of mine will be interested as well but he has an xj, is this a grand event only? Thanks
-Nate

·
Registered
421 Posts
Grand Slams

When we started the Grand Slams (Brian Garfield in the east and Tony Curless in the west) it was intended to be an event for Grands only. At GSW we have turned all requests down for non-Grands. The only exception that we've made at GSW is for sponsors-- and they drove Wranglers. Sounds like some of you guys have an interest in bringing buddies that would drive non-Grands. If you allow non-Grands to participate why not just move it to the Trailride section and organize a big trailrun rather than a Grand Slam?
My two cents.

·
Registered
50 Posts
because its mainly a grand slam but if there are not enough grands to make it a good trip there may need to be some other jeeps. Just my thoughts but it would be pretty cool if it was all zj's and wj's.
-Nate

·
Registered
619 Posts
i say firmly

NAGCA, north american GRAND CHEROKEE assocation
GSW, GRAND slam west
GSE, GRAND slam east
the list goes on,
personally, i dont care about wranglers, or XJs with their leaf rears, or broncos or toys, or anyting else that everyone else drives, we drive our ZJs and WJs becuase they are the shit. and we are the best, this is an elite offroading event. yea! :cry:

·
Registered
55 Posts
i'm in as long as i know that there are trails and runs for up beginners!

:newbie:

thanks for hookin' us norderners up!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There will be trails for everyone. I will have to go as a near stocker this year if I do any wheeling at all, no time to do my planned build. But I will have time to arrange what we need. I am seeing everyone is leaning toward mid july, thats works for me, I have jury duty in June :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know its spose to be a Grand only thing but if theres only a limited number of Grands in the north then whats the harm in having a few other "Jeeps" to make it fun and worth wile. I personaly don't care either way but I belive it should be up to the majority of the people going to the event.

·
Registered
421 Posts
96grand said:
I know its spose to be a Grand only thing but if theres only a limited number of Grands in the north then whats the harm in having a few other "Jeeps" to make it fun and worth wile. I personaly don't care either way but I belive it should be up to the majority of the people going to the event.
As someone who has been to every GSW since they started and helped organize all of the GSWs since 1999, I don't think that there is any harm in inviting other 4x4s for a trail ride. But if it's not all Grands, then just don't call it a Grand Slam because it won't be. Move it to the trail ride section and call it a trail ride. There are lots of fine and fun trail rides organized that are not Grand Slams. It would be like taking a Toyota or Blazer on a Jeep Jamboree.
My two cents, again.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've been at GSE 2003 and have been a part of GSMW since 2001 (currently organizer) and I don't think that having vehicles other than grands in the group at the event will negate it from being called a "Grand Slam".
The second day of GSE was pretty sloppy last year, and the group of grands that did run the advanced trails decided that a few others that wanted to run with them could be included in the pack, and it wasn't a huge issue for anyone. It was a decision made by that group at that time, not pre-planned, but it did happen.

Since the start of GSMW in 2001, Dave Jeglum was able to get some needed help from some of the local Jeep (CJ's, YJ's and TJ's) crowd near Paducah that were " intimately" familiar with the trails there, and in 2002 I also requested and received some help from some of the same people. Last year, we decided to be more self-sufficient, but due to the needs of being trail leader and needing to actually make some of the more difficult areas (and have a winch too), I used my YJ to serve the duty for my vehicle ( but we towed it down with the WJ :cool: )

That being said, we didn't look to invite or include vehicles other than Grands in the event, but we also had such a small group that it wouldn't hurt to have a few capable SWB's with us that wandered into the pack.

I personally wouldn't look to include " other" vehicles, but if they showed up and ran with you, as long as there's no issues of the other rigs from being incapable of keeping up, I don't see a huge deal having them. Charging them fees or including them in raffles is not a great idea if that's part of the event.

It's your event, I'd suggest polling the attendees, but try to keep it as " Grand Oriented" as possible!

:spam:
John

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bon&JohnsWJ said:
I've been at GSE 2003 and have been a part of GSMW since 2001 (currently organizer) and I don't think that having vehicles other than grands in the group at the event will negate it from being called a "Grand Slam".
The second day of GSE was pretty sloppy last year, and the group of grands that did run the advanced trails decided that a few others that wanted to run with them could be included in the pack, and it wasn't a huge issue for anyone. It was a decision made by that group at that time, not pre-planned, but it did happen.

Since the start of GSMW in 2001, Dave Jeglum was able to get some needed help from some of the local Jeep (CJ's, YJ's and TJ's) crowd near Paducah that were " intimately" familiar with the trails there, and in 2002 I also requested and received some help from some of the same people. Last year, we decided to be more self-sufficient, but due to the needs of being trail leader and needing to actually make some of the more difficult areas (and have a winch too), I used my YJ to serve the duty for my vehicle ( but we towed it down with the WJ :cool: )

That being said, we didn't look to invite or include vehicles other than Grands in the event, but we also had such a small group that it wouldn't hurt to have a few capable SWB's with us that wandered into the pack.

I personally wouldn't look to include " other" vehicles, but if they showed up and ran with you, as long as there's no issues of the other rigs from being incapable of keeping up, I don't see a huge deal having them. Charging them fees or including them in raffles is not a great idea if that's part of the event.

It's your event, I'd suggest polling the attendees, but try to keep it as " Grand Oriented" as possible!

:spam:
John
Couldnt have said it better myself :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
the only thing I was tring to say was I'm into Jeeps not just Grands yes it would be cool to just hang out with a bunch that share the same intrest in vehical choice as you but I would have just as much fun with a bunch of just plain Jeepers!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts