Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 99 wj with tow package so I have electric fan and a clutch fan. I got a cel for p1491 so I went ahead checked fan fuses and tested all the wires at the relay with a multimeter I have all the power I'm supposed and I get power when the ac is cut on but nothing comes out of the relay. So I assumed it was the relay and replaced it and still no luck. So I went ahead and replaced the efan. I'm still not sure if I got a bad relay so while I was at the pick n pull for an abs controller I grabbed a relay out of another Jeep it still doesn't work it's possible my fan was bad and blew out the relay I purchased and it's quite possible the junkyard one was no good but the first one I looked at someone had wired up a 40 amp spt relay in place of the fan relay. I don't believe my fan is variable speed I think it just goes one speed to cool the condenser. I attached a picture of it. Is this a plausible solution? Anybody else tried it with any luck ? Mine doesn't overheat but I'd like to get it fixed to help my AC cool s bit better. I have another relay coming I'm just curious on everyone thoughts

1 - 1 of 1 Posts