Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first thread on the forum so I decided to share a question that's bugging me all the time. I'm going to get 33"s and a lift kit that would clear them and also want to install some side steps or running boards to ease up the access for my family. I kind of realize that they will bite about 4-5 inches of the ground clearance (the running boards, not the family haha) which is my biggest concern.

On my regular cab OBS F150 I have foldaway bully side steps for trucks that are just about 20" long. So If I install them on WJ they will not take the space in the middle of the rockers.
But the downside of this type of steps is that they look a little bit out of place on WJ in compare to regular full length running boards like these. Do I overestimate the need of better clearance or is it the right thought?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Chances are the sides arent going to be your limiting ground clearance location. Your more likely to ground out on the differentials or the exhaust than on the running boards. If you do ground on the bars, they will serve as protection against damaging the vehicle body so I say if you want the bars, get the bars. No moving parts is always a win.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts