Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else besides skyjacker make a drop pitman arm for the ZJ? I've got a 3" Skyjacker lift with 1.75" Rusty's spacers, and I still have some noticeable bump steer and wandering. Yes, I do have the Skyjacker adjustable front trac bar (took care of most of the bump steer) and a rear trac bar bracket. If no one else makes one, does anyone know of a better price that $135?
Thanks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did I saw something offensive? From my search of this and other forums, it seems that most people feel that you don't need the dropped pitman arm. However, it looks to me that it will almost perfectly match my trac bac and steering bar angles, thereby eliminating bump steer. Has anyone found that it doesn't fix the bump steer, or even make it worse.
Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I'm not familiar with the skyjacker track bar, but the general idea is you want to have the drag link and track bar in the same plane to avoid bumpsteer.

Jay

·
Registered
120 Posts
i'm at 4.5" and dont have a DPA, and dont really have bumpsteer. Chris L as a skyjacker DPA, part # JA500, I think. Anyway, I like the idea of running a DPA to be more in parrallel with the TB, but I dont thinks its really that necessary. Also, I dont want the x-tra stress on my box.

BTW: where did you see one for $135, i know they're not that much.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I do think that the DPA are that much, the retail is $150. I already ordered mine, so oh well.
Yes, it is necessary to COMPLETELY eliminate bumpsteer, and I will let everyone know how it goes after I get it in, and aligned (hopefully by mid next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts