Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my recent purchase of a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, I have noticed that my drivers side power door lock switch will only unlock all doors but not lock them (I hear no sounds of actuation). I have not found broke wires in the rubber boot. What I need to know is: Where does the driver door lock cylinder disarm switch connect to in the harness? I do know the previous owner had replaced the both front power window regulator/motor assembly. It may be possible that he changed out the door harness as well with one that omits the connector for the door lock cylinder disarm switch? Does the proper function of the power lock system rely on this disarm switch (that is just hanging off the lock cylinder) to be connected to work correctly? Does anyone have a schematic of the door wiring that includes the disarm switch circuit? I do not have an FOB, just one key. Could this 2 wire/connector hanging off the lock cylinder be only an option for a security equipped versions and mine does not have the security option, so the factory just leaves it hanging?. Or, do all GC have the security option? A Speedy reply is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could it be possible that there is missing extension harness that goes between the door cylinder switch two conductor plug (pictured above) to the DDM 4 conductor connector (shown below)?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does the right front door lock switch operate the locks in both directions? You may just have a faulty switch. The fact that the drivers door lock switch works in one direction leads me to believe the can lines are intact.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the right front door lock switch operate the locks in both directions? You may just have a faulty switch. The fact that the drivers door lock switch works in one direction leads me to believe the can lines are intact.
Yes, the PDM does operate the door locks in both directions. I replaced the DDM and all is working now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts