Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the Drag Links on my '02 Jeep WJ. On Rock Auto the economy ones are about $11.00 (AC Delco) whereas the premium ones (MOOG) are about $26.00 each. Should I go for the economy or premium? I mean, the premium drag links have to be manufactured differently in some kind of a way so that they last longer, or maybe they're powder coated, etc. Does anyone have any advice on this, is it worth the extra $15.00 to get better quality? Or are you not getting much more for your buck. Any advice is much appreciated!:D:D:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
You only have 1 drag link.

You only have 1 drag link. The drag link goes from the pitman arm (on the steering box).

Maybe you are talking about the tie rod end that goes on the steering box end of the drag link?

Regardless, MOOG parts are probably the best you can get. They last almost for ever, and are worth the extra cost. In my experience, they are usually better than factory parts.

It is a FEDERAL LAW that replacement parts cannot be any less quality than the factory parts, so even the cheap parts will get you down the road - that may only be a year or so, but they will work.

Do you plan on keeping your JEEP? If not, just throw the cheaper part on it and sell your JEEP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you only have 1 drag link

jrabenius, yes true there is only one. Sometimes the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, haha. Anyways, thanks a bunch for the info. I've heard good things about MOOG parts. I've just always wondered about how much more you're getting for your money. I'm definitely going with MOOG, because I plan on keeping my 2002 WJ for awhile and eventually turning it into a tough mudder. But, those days are very far away. Until then, I'm just chipping away at parts. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts