Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side door is hard to shut,door a little lower&sags. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem you are having now on my grand. Look at the seem on the bottom of the door by the hinge, the weld on mine came loose and all that had to be done was a little welding took 10 min and it was done a little touch up paint and your set.

·
Registered
671 Posts
if they weld is not broken, take it by a body shop. they have a small tool that is placed in the lower part of the door and pushes the door upward. i haven't done this on my jeep, but on my cutlass which is known for door sag.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The weld is not broken,but somebody told me to replace the pins & bushings?

·
Registered
28 Posts
On 2002-03-18 20:43, eastsidezj wrote:
The weld is not broken,but somebody told me to replace the pins & bushings?
Bingo!
You have to grind the head off one end of the pin to be able to get it out. Replace the bushings and beat the pin back into it's place. You can weld the pin to make sure it will not move. I did not weld it, and it has not moved a single mm yet. But that may vary from case to case.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool,just ordered 2 pins 4 bushings today.Vier your 30"tires fit with no lift?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, Orvis=UpCountry. I don't know if they rub disconnected, but I'm not off the road very often anyway. Here in Norway, there's no trails like you have in USA. You must own some land to be able to wheel.
But that's another story :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man that sucks i guess i always took for granted of going off road here in usa. Have alot of back roads about 1.5 hours from me with no cops.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts