Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that spacers will mess up geometry and affect driveability, I live about three hours out of Moab and like going down there at high speeds, but I need more clearance, has anyone had any problems with spacers, and what kind. If I just did maybe an inch or two what problems would I have with the rubicon 4.5 kit and big 33's?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KidKrawler on 2002-02-27 08:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
How would spacers affect driveability? They may not give you any more flex, but they are perfectly safe to use.
Nathan

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use 2" spcaers on top of my Teraflex lift and works like a charm. It really helps fight the sag I got when putting the fatter than all crud ARB bumper on there. Great bumper, just very very heavy. I recommend spacers because bang for your buck, it's an easy way to get another inch.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I use a 1" spacer on the drivers side without the factory isolater. On the pass. side , I just use the factory isolater. This cured my leveling problem. Ever ZJ I have ever checked had a side sitting lower. It works great, no problems.

·
Registered
606 Posts
On 2002-03-11 06:30, Colt45auto wrote:
I use a 1" spacer on the drivers side without the factory isolater. On the pass. side , I just use the factory isolater. This cured my leveling problem. Ever ZJ I have ever checked had a side sitting lower. It works great, no problems.
Geez, and here I was thinking that is one reason JKS disco's are adjustable for...oh, wait that would be too easy :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was interested in putting some 1-2” spacers on my 93 ZJ with a 3.5” lift, but was advised against it. I was told that I would experience driveline vibration. Has anyone herd or experienced this before?
Can anyone recomend a brand and how much they would cost?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I've got the 4.5 RE kit and 2 inch spacers ontop of that. Go to http://www.real-jeeps.com and look under the trail reports under Deep Creek. I'm in there with just the 4.5 and 32s. It will give you and idea of what you can do and how much flex you'll have.

Hunter:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts