Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask because I'll be caravaning with a few other rigs from WA, and I'll be towing a trailer full of wheel/tires, yada, yada. I need a safe place to leave it for the GSW timeframe.

Anyone??

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I bribed Tom to boot you, and I took your spot.

Muahahahahaha!!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mike:
Moab is pretty safe. If you stay at the campground you should have nothing to worry about. They are city camp grounds. If you stay at a motel, you can likely park it in front of the office and chain it to a street lamp post. I really think that you have little to worry about.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not too worried about my trailer, but was more concerned with my "Street" tires(32" M/T's), and I was going to bring my small MIG(God forbid I would need it). If someone had a garage or something similar, not too far away, that would be perfect.

M.

·
Registered
421 Posts
On 2002-02-14 02:13, mmyers wrote:
I'm not too worried about my trailer, but was more concerned with my "Street" tires(32" M/T's), and I was going to bring my small MIG(God forbid I would need it). If someone had a garage or something similar, not too far away, that would be perfect.

M.
Mike,
Someone will probably rent a house with space for your stuff. I'll have a motel room that you can put the welder in but I really don't want any compressed gas tanks inside.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What's the matter Sandy..... don't like the idea of flamable gas in your room. :eek: Better not eat the beans. ;)

Mike,
Someone will probably rent a house with space for your stuff. I'll have a motel room that you can put the welder in but I really don't want any compressed gas tanks inside.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mike,

Are you caravaning with Bill Hutton? He lives in Bothell, WA. Drives a big red WJ, and is coming down.
I live in SLC, I'll offer my garage, but I'm sure you'll want your tires and welder with you in Moab, right? Maybe some of the storage unit companies offer temporary units for the weekend, you could rent a small storage unit while you're there? Might be worth a try?

See ya there,
Mike F.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know Bill Hutton. If he wants to travel down with me, great.

M.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mike,

I will be heading down (hopefully - sending registration off tomorrow). If you are doing a convoy, let me know. I'd be game in joining you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure. I want to take two or three days to get there, maybe see a site or two. I hate driving straight through to sit in my rig for three days of wheeling, only to drive 1,200 miles back. That's like sitting in your rig for a solid week!!.

My poor knee won't take it.

M.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Mike, Crash, everyone else...

It all depends on my passengers and if they're free....Maybe we could do a 2 day drive instead of a week (some of us have to work Mike...:D).

We'll figure somthing out...

Kelly

Big red WJ?? I've never seen it before...have seen a Blue one w/ 33's and bumpers and crud...some older couple was in it :D.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mike,
If you are still a free spirit in October maybe you can take a week and go down to the Rubicon with us. How is the business doing. Let me know if NAGCA can help promote your new venture.

C

·
Registered
219 Posts
Define older..... Over 20....he he

On 2002-02-15 00:08, mmyers wrote:
Sure. I want to take two or three days to get there, maybe see a site or two. I hate driving straight through to sit in my rig for three days of wheeling, only to drive 1,200 miles back. That's like sitting in your rig for a solid week!!.

My poor knee won't take it.

M.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mike and all, we will be heading down to Moab the weekend before, and coming back sometime the following week after GSW. We usually do a two day drive to get down there ASAP to start Jeep'n. Can't get enough of Moab!!!

Mike F., you better not do Rubicon without us. /forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bill Hutton

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeep On on 2002-02-25 18:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeep On on 2002-02-25 18:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bill,
Sounds like a time frame that I like!! We'll see, but I would much rather like to travel with someone else. I'll be towing a small trailer down with extra wheels and some other stuff, if you have a set you want to throw on. We'll see how it shapes up closer to the date.

Mike

·
Registered
604 Posts
On 2002-02-25 18:49, Jeep On wrote:
Mike and all, we will be heading down to Moab the weekend before, and coming back sometime the following week after GSW. We usually do a two day drive to get down there ASAP to start Jeep'n. Can't get enough of Moab!!!
Myself and Tim will be coming over from GA the weekend before also, so we will be there the whole week. Havent started looking for a place to stay yet, but we normaly camp on our 3 day trips to Tellico. We also want to get some mountain biking in before GSW. Maybe we can meet up on that Monday before GSW.
Pearce

1 - 17 of 17 Posts